Monday, December 15, 2008

CHRISTMAS IS HERE!

Saturday was filled with Christmas festivities! My mom and I went to the Lady's Christmas Luncheon at church on Saturday morning, "Spicing Up The Holidays." It was a lot of fun! We had lunch: soup, salad, and dessert. There was a lady that sang Christmas songs, and we had a devotional. The painted clay came and we made Christmas tree plates! We painted the front green, back red, and then glued dried chunks of paint on them, and they'll melt and look kind of like ornaments! We also made an ornament, gift tag, and a Christmas card! It was a lot of fun! Then, I came straight home and got to cooking! I made this casserole that I made up! It is oh so easy and oh so yummy! I grill chicken marinated in Italian dressing, cut it into pieces, mix it with mushroom rice and a can of cream of chicken soup. Then, I put it in a pan and add french fried onions to the top! It is so yummy! It was gone in about 5 seconds at the party! I went and picked up Chris at his house, because he had been helping his dad organize their garage that day, and we headed to Murfreesboro! We have a Christmas party every year with my friends from high school. I think this was our 6th one! We had a great time! Although, as you can tell from the picture, they forgot to tell me we were wearing tacky Christmas sweaters this year! This was the first time Chris has been able to come to one, because he's normally had to work! It was a lot of fun! :) This Saturday is Chris' 24th birthday, then Sunday is Christmas at my Memaw's, and then we're going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra that night! I'm so excited!Me and mom decked out in Christmas colors for the luncheon

No comments: