Tuesday, July 28, 2009

POTATO BUNDLES

I found this receipt here that I just had to make today! It's from the blog "The Pioneer Woman Cooks"! It looked so yummy so I had to go get a few ingredients today to make it happen! You chop up potatoes and onions and lay them on a square of aluminum foil, then add butter, heavy cream, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika, and parsley! Then I folded them up and baked them on a cookie sheet at 400 for 40 minutes! They were delish! The onions are so tender that they just add flavor, and the butter and cream kind of makes a little sauce! Mm mm good! We had them with grilled pork chops and stove top dressing (which isn't my fave but the hubby could eat it every day!)All ready to go...Looking nice and fattening!Now we're really looking ready to go!Mmm....Scrumptious! You should make it...You should...Yep, you should...

5 comments:

Nana & Papa said...

YUM!!!!! Those potato's look wonderful. Yes, we love our Stove top stuffing in our family!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and keeping up with you! I'm going to try out those potatoes real soon, I have some heavy cream in my frig leftover so this will work out real nice! Bonnie

Mari said...

I couldn't find the recipe at the link.  Do you mind posting the recipe?

Jaimie Dornon said...

Sorry! I posted this in 2009, so they must have removed it! Thankfully I printed it!
Ingredients:
6 whole Russet potatoes
one onion
1 stick butter
1/2 cups heavy cream
kosher salt to taste
paprika to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of minced parsley

Pile potatoes and onions on a square of foil. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, splash of cream, then sprinkle on salt, pepper, paprika, and black pepper. Sprinkle minced parsley over the top. Wrap bundles tightly and bake at 375 for 45 min or until extremely tender. Serve bundles right on the dinner plate.

I have even just made enough for 2, just doing EVERYTHING to taste, so however you do it - it will be yumm! :)

Pamcarothers said...

I found you thru Kelly's blog.  We made these last night and my family loved them!  Thanks for sharing!
Pam
Tennessee