My grandmother always makes strawberry jam, and it is SO delicious on a biscuit with a little butter...oh my my! My in-laws always take the grandkids to pick strawberries in the spring, and that was no exception this year! They picked 12 gallons of strawberries! Last year they gave my mom some and she made some jam, so I'm all set, but last night my mother-in-law brought me over a gallon! I've never made any before, but in my quest to be Martha Stewart-like, since that's an adjective, I gave it a shot! Here's the bucket...
All you do is follow the instructions for freezer jam on Sure Jell. You can keep it frozen for a year, so making a lot is no problem!
Now they're having a rest in the kitchen, since they have to sit still for 24 hours, and if all goes well, and not too much separation, I'll take another stab at it tomorrow, since I still have a bazillion strawberries! I'll just have to go get some more containers at my mom's. The mason jars are left over from me thinking I was going to make pickles when I lived there, which didn't happen....Maybe I'll try that this summer too!
Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment