Friday night was the THS homecoming and coffee pot game, which is against their biggest rival, and a golden coffee pot is at stake! We went out for pizza before the game with my parents and then came early to watch the homecoming court! There was a little rain before the game, but thankfully it held off! The team has had two weeks of exciting games, including this one! We thought in the 4th they were going to get beat, but they came back and won! :)
Saturday morning I went to a nice gathering at the church for the women's ministry. We had breakfast and a speaker, Jennifer. She had a great message about the seasons of our life, and I'm really glad I went! Saturday night we went and watched the UT game at my parents'. They had bratwursts for dinner, and we made s'mores on their fire pit they made earlier in the day while the game was delayed from lightening. This game wasn't as exciting as the night before!
Today we went to lunch and now I'm painting the bed transformed into a bench that I'll post on later!
We're going to Disney World in less than a month with Chris' family, and we decided I needed a new camera before we went, because mine just isn't up to par! I wasn't crazy about getting another point-and-shoot and feeling like I wasted money because the quality was the same as my old one. We decided to get a Nikon D70, which is a step-down from Chris' camera, except we got it on Ebay used and for a quarter of what his cost - great deal! It cost less than any of the point-and-shoots we were looking at, so it was a no-brainer!
We haven't got me a lens yet. We'll just share for now, but want to get one that can take general pictures, close up and far away. Most of Chris' are geared towards one or the other. We decided to do this because Chris is too scared to take his camera places like Disney World, the beach, lake, anywhere with water! This way we can use mine, the much cheaper one, and not be afraid to take it anywhere, and that way we'll be able to get good pictures all the time! Plus, Chris will have a backup if something ever happens to his camera since they can use the same lenses :) So expect even more pictures on the blog once my new toy comes in!
I ordered this cute little camera strap too off Etsy!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm off to Columbia tomorrow for a JV game, since that's where both my parents' families are, and hopefully a good crowd of them will show to watch Jesse play!

Saturday morning I went to a nice gathering at the church for the women's ministry. We had breakfast and a speaker, Jennifer. She had a great message about the seasons of our life, and I'm really glad I went! Saturday night we went and watched the UT game at my parents'. They had bratwursts for dinner, and we made s'mores on their fire pit they made earlier in the day while the game was delayed from lightening. This game wasn't as exciting as the night before!
Today we went to lunch and now I'm painting the bed transformed into a bench that I'll post on later!
We're going to Disney World in less than a month with Chris' family, and we decided I needed a new camera before we went, because mine just isn't up to par! I wasn't crazy about getting another point-and-shoot and feeling like I wasted money because the quality was the same as my old one. We decided to get a Nikon D70, which is a step-down from Chris' camera, except we got it on Ebay used and for a quarter of what his cost - great deal! It cost less than any of the point-and-shoots we were looking at, so it was a no-brainer!

We haven't got me a lens yet. We'll just share for now, but want to get one that can take general pictures, close up and far away. Most of Chris' are geared towards one or the other. We decided to do this because Chris is too scared to take his camera places like Disney World, the beach, lake, anywhere with water! This way we can use mine, the much cheaper one, and not be afraid to take it anywhere, and that way we'll be able to get good pictures all the time! Plus, Chris will have a backup if something ever happens to his camera since they can use the same lenses :) So expect even more pictures on the blog once my new toy comes in!
I ordered this cute little camera strap too off Etsy!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm off to Columbia tomorrow for a JV game, since that's where both my parents' families are, and hopefully a good crowd of them will show to watch Jesse play!
No comments:
Post a Comment