Thursday, November 11, 2010

25TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY

Last Saturday we had a party at our house for my parents' 25th anniversary! There were about 30 people there and it was a wonderful day! We served chili, taco soup, and potato soup! We also had chips with salsa, rotel, guacamole, and cheese balls with crackers that Gramma brought!

I made cupcakes and also got a cake from this lady at our church. I called to order it, and she said it would be $20, and when I picked it up I was blown away by how beautiful it was! She did such a great job, and it was delicious, and the price was amazing too! I sent my friend Amanda a picture and she's getting her wedding cake done by her!That vase is the one that I put their monogram on, that's featured on the Etsy store :)

My brother and his wife put together a slide show of my parents with some pictures my mom sent him! My parents have been together since the 9th grade, and these pictures started from there, long before their marriage, and ended with the present! It was wonderful, and my mom said every time she watched it it made her heart go "pitter patter"! :) The picture below is some of us watching it.
Here's me and my brother :)
My dad got my mom the diamond band that's behind her engagement ring in this picture! He gave it to her while they were on vacation on their actual anniversary!
My Memaw gave my parents a glass jar that said "25th Anniversary" that was given to her and my Pawpaw at their 25th anniversary party, which makes it mean even that much more! And Gramma gave them this silver platter that was actually a bowling trophy of hers years ago. It's beautiful, and she had an H engraved in the middle, and a saying on the back about it being from her home to theirs.
After they opened gifts they cut their cake and smashed it in each other's faces! :)
We really had such a great day! My dad said my mom couldn't stop looking at the pictures that night. I'm soo lucky to have them for parents! Not many people have parents that are still in love with each other in this day and age, and I do, and I don't take that for granted! I'm so lucky that I've had their example through my whole life, having parents that love each other, don't fight, and who set such a great example for how a family should be, and how I hope my family is! Here's to 50 more! :)

No comments: