Sunday, January 9, 2011

WEEKEND WRAPUP

Friday night we went to Murfreesboro for a little date night. We went to one of the hubs' favorite restaurants that he used to frequent a lot in college, Genghis Grill. Last time we were in the boro we noticed that they had gotten one of these, and a promise was made to go there the next time we visited!You get WAY too much food here! We came home with two full doggy-bags! You go through a "buffet-style" line. I'm a hater when it comes to buffets, but this isn't gross like what the word "buffet" brings to mind. You have this little silver bowl and you first pick your raw meat. Then, you move down and season your meat. I seasoned my chicken and steak with salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne. They have all kinds of meats and seasonings! Then, you pick your vegetables. I picked potatoes, onions, squash, and zucchini, all the while piling everything in this silver bowl. You then pick your sauce for you mixture to be cooked in, and I picked teriyaki. Lastly, you tell the cook what kind of starch you want, and I picked fried rice, and picked up an egg in the "vegetable" section to go with the fried rice. You go have a seat and they bring you your creation! We asked for tortillas, and both ate two tortillas filled with this goodness, and the rest was to take home!

We did some shopping too! I got some NYX makeup at Ulta and we went home with the Zumba game for the PS3, which I've been shaking and sweating to!

Saturday my mom and I went to Columbia for my cousin Ashley's baby shower! She's due in February with a little girl who will be named Jalea "Ha-lay-yah".We first went and visited with my Gramma and Aunt Melody who are on the other side of the family, and we had a nice lunch at Jersey Mikes! We then headed to the shower, ate some yummy finger foods, like my favorite, *cake*, had quite a few laughs playing some games, and then watched her open all her presents!This is Ashley laughing as she opens her THIRD diaper genie of the shower!Here's all her loot! She got a lot of nice things! They had the BEST IDEA EVER! On the invitation it said to bring a pack of diapers to be put into a drawing for a gift card! So that way everybody brought what they would have brought anyway, but then everyone brought diapers also! (See all of them on the left table?) I thought that was such a great idea, and told my mom we'd have to do that one day when I'm so lucky enough to have a baby shower! :)

No comments: