Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love is...what I got!

Happy belated Valentine's Day, everyone! I'm kind of doing a weekend wrap-up and a Valentine's Day post all wrapped up into one! Well, not kinda - I am!

Friday we went to Big Night Out at our church! It was a night for married people to be entertained by music, a time for laughter, a time for us to think about how much we know our spouse, and a message about intimacy and taking divorce off the table. Our preacher dressed up in a sequin vest, high water bell-bottoms, platform shoes, spiky hair, extra chest hair, and he called himself Mr. Romance! He danced through the crowd and had us laughing like no-other! Chris' parents were at our table too, and we had a great night! Before we got married we discussed how divorce is NOT an option for us, therefore it's taken off the table, so we already had that in check! We did learn some good things, and enjoyed reading over the little questionaire when we got home together!


Saturday I hosted a bridal shower for my friend, Amanda! We didn't have as big a show-up as expected, but it turned out to be a nice shower! We had lots of food! I had BBQ chicken bites, cucumber tea sandwiches, bacon delight sandwiches, grape salad, BLT dip, cupcakes, chocolate-dipped pretzels, and Ritz crackers with peanut butter dipped in chocolate. My mom brought ham and cream cheese rolls and chips and dip, and another bridesmaid brought a veggie tray, cheese tray, and fruit platter! All the food was soo yummy! I had fun decorating for it, and Amanda really enjoyed her day! She was so grateful and told me "thank you" a bazillion times! :) I'm looking forward to her Big Day!


Sunday was SO beautiful! Chris headed to Murfreesboro to buy an engine that he hopes to modify to fit in his car to make it magazine-worthy. I went to my parents' for my weekly Sunday coupon-clipping visit! It was so beautiful that I washed my car, which was soooo much needed! It actually is white now - ohmygosh!


Monday was Valentine's Day and I met my wonderful Valentine at Red Lobster for lunch! This was the first time he's met me for lunch on a work day! That's my favorite lunch! It's enough food to last a day! They of course have their biscuits, then I do the make your own lunch thingey, get a Caesar salad, then shrimp scampi and clam strips with a baked potato. Ohmyword - yumyum! That morning I had woken up to a homemade card on my desk that was super sweet! Chris decided we'd make our own cards this year instead of throwing $10 out the window for something you look at once or twice! He made his on the computer, and I made mine with paper, glue, and paint, and we both thought the other's was the best, which means we succeeded in making good cards! :)

He came home from work with a dozen roses and we exchanged gifts! I set a $15 limit this year, which was good because to Chris $15 obviously means $40! Thank goodness I didn't set a $40 limit! I got him a Ralph Lauren polo and some candy (Yes, I am a queen shopper and got a RL polo at Belk for $15), and he got me a necklace and earring set and a gift card to Ulta!


Funny story about the necklace and earrings.....We recently had to cancel Chris' debit card because of charges that didn't originate from us! So when I got a charge from Mary Kay Consults I called the bank and then called the number on the screen because I just knew someone had stolen our card number again! I showed it to Chris and he did the ol' "Hmm" On the phone with my mom later I mentioned this and she said, "I had the same charge!" I was like, "Ohmygosh - Really???" (Thinking we had all been hacked) Then she said, "Your dad said he got me a present at the base, so Chris must have gotten you one too." I head to the garage and say, "Chris, did you get me a present at the base for this amount?" And he chuckled and said, "OOhh..yeah..." That boy....I had to answer the call from the jewelry lady later and explain! *blush*

We ordered a little heart-shaped pizza that night and watched You Again! We had such a great Valentine's Day! I'm so lucky to be married to my best friend, and so lucky to have found him so early in my life! He's the peanut butter to my jelly, and I wouldn't want to face a day without him!

No comments: