Monday, February 13, 2012

Week in review

- Kiley is 10 whole weeks old - cuh-razy!

- This is Kiley Thursday! She played herself to sleep while I was working!



- Friday I got us all packed up for Knoxville...Kiley's first trip to Uncle Jacob and Aunt Sara's! Kiley did super good and actually only slept 30 minutes of our 3+ our drive. We stopped half way for us and the baby to eat. We got there late, so we did a little visiting (They hadn't seen Kiley since Christmas, at 2 weeks old!) and then we headed to bed!


Kiley's first time to look at a ceiling fan going - haha! She LOVES it!


Our happy hosts!

- Saturday morning my parents got in! Jacob made us a yummy breakfast and lunch! The boys put a new attic door in and we just hung out all day! That night we went to the Valentine's banquet at their church. It was super yummy and we got to hear some cute stories about how couples in their church met, including a couple that got together in high school during WWII. Kiley slept in her car seat through the whole thing!


Kiley and her Aunt Sara!


Chris enjoys cutting holes in OTHER people's walls!








Uncle Jacob getting his dance in with Kiley! He said they will dance together every time he sees her until she doesn't want to anymore! :)

- Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch at Cracker Barrel. The parents got Jacob and Sara some rocking chairs there for their home! They hadn't had room for some on their porch, but recently removed some railing so they fit perfectly, and they will be able to rock their babies on them like I do Kiley! :) We loved spending time with them and are glad they had us up for the weekend!


Pops and Kiley!


She was not wanting her picture made in her cute outfit!







- Monday was Kiley's two month checkup and that included shots. Chris came with us! She is above the 90th percentiles in height and weight, so our little missy is proportionately big lol! She cried just when the needles were injecting the meds, but stopped when they were done! She did so well! She slept for three hours when we got home, and when she woke up she was NOT feeling good! I went to the store to get her some Tylenol and Chris said she cried more and harder than she had her whole life combined.....poor thing! She normally loves being held, but she just wanted to lay on the couch next to us...it must have hurt her poor little legs to be held. I love this little girl more than words!



- Tuesday was Valentine's Day! Me and my little sweetie met my big sweetie at Applebee's for lunch! He gave me a pot of tulips when we left. :) That night we got a heart-shaped pizza and watched our shows together...That's how we do - haha! I got him a hat and a shirt that say S2K on them (his car), some candies and a card. Apparently my gift is running late on delivery, so I don't know what I got yet - lol! Below is a picture of Kiley with her gifts! We got her some classic toys, the pound-a-peg, rotary phone (What's that??), and the rock and stack toy! My parents got her a cute little outfit, a onesie that says I ♥ dad on one side and I ♥ mom on the other! They also got her an Elmo book and a stuffed doggy! We played with Kiley that night..She played the piano for the first time...and we had a good day! :) I have a great Valentine...He's the love of my life..since I was 15..and I'm so lucky to have him! He's literally my BEST friend, and I wouldn't want to face a day without him! ♥














First time on daddy's shoulders!

- Wednesday we headed to Nashville to visit Chris' step-dad in the hospital. He was having the lead on his defibrillator replaced and they had to do it three times within two days - yikes! What a nightmare! He seemed in good spirits about it! My parents watched Kiley for us and I missed my chunker while we were gone! They loved watching her! I mailed in my application for Disney Movie Club - Miss Kiley has 7 Disney movies on their way!! :) She's getting the newest two princess movies, and I hope to get her ALL the princess movies over the years! :)


2 comments:

Florastraight said...

Beautiful pictures and love those little bubbles in that last pic.

Jaimie Dornon said...

Thanks, Aunt Flora! :) I'm glad you get to see my baby from so many miles away!