Thursday, April 5, 2012

Week In Review

- Kiley is 17 weeks old!

- Thursday we went on a walk..it had been a while...I pushed Kiley in her swing and we rocked on the front porch...the perfect kind of spring day. Cool girl in her cool shades! Snuggles for Daddy

- Friday Kiley and I went to the store to get some final bunco gifts for next Tuesday. When we got home the hubby's sister texted me telling me she was in town and asked if she could come visit Miss Kiley. She came over and stayed for part of the afternoon! We ordered pizza for dinner and then the hubby had a soccer game that night. Oh..and..get this..Kiley rolled over!!!! She rolled over when she was on the couch between me and Melissa. Then, when Chris got home I laid her on the ground and she did it for the third time! I got the video camera out and, of course, she hasn't done it since (wrote this Friday...She has done it different days!)! The girl clams up in front of a camera! So proud of my strong, smart, beautiful little girl!
 
She had her focus on the circus performing on GMA on the TV - lol

- Saturday Chris went to Huntsville for a car show. Kiley and I ran to Mimi and Pops' house to get a cookie recipe, then we headed to the grocery store. My mom actually went grocery shopping at the same time, which was good because I had some company when we went to leave and it was storming like crazy! I only go grocery shopping every other week now, so I had two weeks worth of food, food for Bunco, which I'm hosting this week (dinner for 12), and food for Easter...pretty much the most food I've ever bought..overflowing cart! I had a sleeping baby in the sling also and it was raining like crazy! We waited till it let up a little, then headed to the car..it started lightening, so I got Kiley in the car and after my mom got her groceries in her car she helped me throw mine in the trunk - haha! Quite comical! When we got home Kiley took a nap on me while we watched TV. I ate this up because lately she's just been wanting to sleep in her crib, but I got to hold her and it made my heart happy! Chris came home with both his cars (his s2k has been in Huntsville getting painted for months) and he had a friend with him that drove his TL...THEN he had to bring the guy back to Huntsville and come back home..so he was gone all day! I didn't get a picture of her on my big camera this day, just my phone!

- Sunday, after church, we went and got some things at Lowes for Chris to make a vinyl rack in my office, got some food, and headed home. Kiley took an almost 3 hour nap, so we were just plain lazy..it was nice! We went to my parents' house for a great dinner that night and had a good visit!
 Pretty girl
 
 
New vinyl rack in the closet! Pops and his grandbaby on the hammock!

- Monday Google ads started showing up on my blog...I applied for them a week or so ago....They're over in the sidebar and under each post, so check out those companies when you see something that interests you! :) We went on a walk this day and after we got Peyton to dance we ran by Mimi and Pops' since we had left a bottle there! We waited around to say hi to Pops. After that, on the way home, we stopped and picked up our ferns and flowers for the season! Also, during Kiley's nap this day I made pasta salad, dip, and no-bake cookies for bunco the next day!
Spring flowers on the porch!

- Tuesday Kiley and I went on a walk and she went with her daddy to the baseball game that night while I hosted bunco at our house! Her Mimi, Pops, Papa, and Mamaw were all at the baseball game to love on her! We had barbecue at bunco, and it was yummy, and we had a fun night!
Aunt Candi with Kiley and her friend Lily Anne at bunco!

- Wednesday was a crap-tastic day! haha! I had to do an over-night transcript...Never done one over 5 pages before, and this was 3 depositions (taken last October). I worked non-stop for about 12 hours to get it done..till past my bedtime! Chris came home to watch Kiley so I could work. He's only changed one dirty diaper in his life (of the stinky variety), when he let me sleep one night when she was a newborn (he did that more than once!). Well, he came and got me from proofreading and said he had a proposition for me. I figured it was a large vinyl order, because he's been getting a lot of those lately for companies that I've been working on. No, it was my daughter that had poop all up her onesie...and my husband had poop on his shirt - haha! He told me he'd go buy me ice cream if I cleaned it up, and he threw away their clothes! haha! (The Dairy Queen blizzard was pretty good!) I missed my girl ALL day, and it confirmed the fact that I am NOT ready to go back to work yet - haha!
 
 I don't think he minded hanging out with her for the day :) 

3 comments:

Candi Gilmore Dorman said...

love it! And I love the pix of you and her on the floor - how cute is that...I just want to pay you to blog about my babies...She will love looking over these one day!

Jaimie Dornon said...

 Thanks, Candi! As you can see, it turned out for the best y'all couldn't come over Wednesday!! Hopefully we can get our girls together next week...and us too! - lol!

Florastraight said...

thanks again for sharing---really liked the drool pics---she is so cute!!!!!