Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Week In Review

- Kiley is 24 weeks old! I've had 2 dozen weeks with my little love..She's had 2 dozen weeks to steal my heart, but it took just a second! :)

- Thursday Mimi watched KG at work while I went to the doc! 2 weeks of straight headaches and I had about all I could handle!! They gave me steroids, antibiotics, and told me to take over-the-counter Sinex for a couple days...Yucky sinus infection! I finally have some relief! I hope it sticks around! We went on a walk that night and walked to KG's Aunt Candi's house and visited with them for a bit! KG loved Peyton's shirt with cheerleaders on it..she kept trying to get it! :)

- Friday Chris took off early and we went with Mimi and Pops to Jesse's baseball game! We went shopping in Chattanooga and out to eat together..it was a nice treat! Jacob and Sara surprised us at the game too! They had to win this game to advance to the state tournament, and unfortunately they lost in overtime. I'm so glad I went since it was my brother's last baseball game ever...so sad though because I've loved watching all his sports throughout the years! Me and Mama did shed a few tears when it was over..just hard to believe he's graduating next week! We had such a good time that day, and KG enjoyed seeing Jacob and Sara again! :)
Jesse batting in his last game!
Love that smile on Jacob's face, event the sunflower seeds in his teeth :) He loves him some Kiley!
Kiley and her Aunt Sara!
Big talks for Aunt Sara

- Saturday the hubs went to Nashville to take pictures, so me and KG went to Mimi and Pops' house. We lounged outside, then Mimi, KG and I went and got frozen yogurt and did a little shopping! I got Kiley a little baby pool, a float for the lake to use next weekend (so excited!), and some swimmer diapers!! That night we went to the Singers Senior concert and watched Hannah sing her senior solo..She did so well! It was such a nice, relaxing day!
Pops on his new motorcycle! He kept riding it around the block because he just got it..Even went and borrowed a helmet from a friend. Love seeing him so excited, although I think he's mostly excited about the good deal he got!
KG and Jess
Waking up from a nap at Mimi and Pops'!

- Sunday I had to wake Kiley up at 9:50 (crazy, right?) to get to church on time..it starts at 10:30, and I tried to wait as long as possible, but she had to eat cereal (She wasn't crazy about her bottle the day before so I was trying cereal this morning), and she had to have a bath since we were home late from the senior recital the night before...all this in 25 minutes! I gave her her bath in the sink and she sat up like a big girl! It had been a long time since she had a bath in there and I was just amazed at how big she looked! We got to church on time and I had forgotten her acid reflux meds AND her paci, so I was a little nervous..she slept so late that I was rushing and forgot everything! It was senior recognition service, so Jesse and Hannah went up on stage in their caps and gowns, and thankfully Kiley did just fine during service! After church, our family all piled in the bed and took a nap together...Chris and Kiley snoozed for an hour and a half while I snoozed for 10 minutes then watched TLC - haha! After that we got her baby pool out, lathered her up in sunscreen, put on one of her swimsuits, and headed for the water! She loved it! She officially learned to sit up today!!!!! It just happened! Although, she does still fall down, but she's doing so well! Mimi and Pops stopped by between their Baccalaureate service and their baseball banquet, then our family took a night walk before bed..such a nice day together! :)
Just lounging
What a pretty girl!!
  
sun shade bathing
She was deciding if she wanted in the cold water, and she did!

- Monday we went to the sister-in-law's for our nephew's 8th birthday dinner! We had pizza and ice cream cake. We gave him a baseball and a UT basketball hoop for his door in his room. He also got some shoes, a bean bag, and money..he was pretty excited! We had a nice night visiting with family!
Sitting up gets better on day 2!
Peyton and Kiley - Kiley adores her!
Birthday boy - He's 8! Wasn't it just yesterday I made THIS post that he turned 4?? I didn't even realize I've been blogging 4 years!

- Tuesday we took a nice walk and Kiley got some Mimi and Pops time in when they came over to get a table and chairs for their graduation party Friday. The vinyl business has been BOOMING, so this is Kiley playing in my office on one of my baby blankets that my Aunt Flora made for me when I was a baby! :)
Me and my babe watching American Idol

- Here is Kiley Wednesday just sitting in the grass like she's known how to do this forever! We also watched the video that my dad made us this night. It's got me when I was pregnant and then us in the hospital, coming home, etc.! I LOVE that he got on film them seeing Kiley for the first time, their reactions as she was brought into the nursery, "Oh, look at her! She's so big! She's beautiful!", etc.! I'm glad I got to hear what was going on, and it warms my heart! :)
First time playing in her room like a big girl

No comments: