Thursday, October 18, 2012

Week In Review

Kiley is 45 weeks old!

- Thursday Uncle Jesse came over while he was on fall break. Kiley hadn't seen hm in a while, and he walked in her room to see if she was awake, and she had just woken up. She hugged tight to her pink bunny and looked at him a little leery, but minutes later she was laying her head on his lap on the couch and giving him smiles and grins. Her Mamaw and Papa came over that night to visit with her as well!!
Photobucket

- Friday Chris taught Jesse how to change out his brakes. I took Kiley in for her second flu shot that afternoon and we had dinner at my parents' that night. Little Bit didn't cry at all for her shot.
Photobucket
Kiley begging for popcorn

- Saturday we had lots of family in town! Gramma, Bonnie, Melody, and Dan came and we all went to Lynchburg and walked around the square, ate at the Iron Kettle, and just had a nice afternoon. By the time we got home Jacob and Sara were there. We had a bonfire, ate chili, made s'mores, and just had an awesome day!! I love family time.
Photobucket
Kiley and I ready to leave for our awesome day
Photobucket
Kiley knows how to work a computer!
Photobucket
Kiley and Aunt Bonnie
Photobucket
I love Gramma!

- Sunday I had to bring breakfast for Sunday School, so I made a sausage/egg bake and Chris picked up some donuts at the Donut Palace. We watched the nursery after Sunday School. After that we went to my parents' where my mom had white beans and cornbread. Yum! I LOVE beans and cornbread! We went for yogurt that afternoon before Jacob and Sara headed back home, but after Jesse had headed back, and between then we just had fun playing corn hole and spending some time with our fam! It was such a wonderful weekend.
Photobucket
"You want us to take a picture together?"
Photobucket
"I'm going to catch your ear!"
Photobucket
"Can she lick my hand?"
Photobucket
Us Haywood Kids
Photobucket
Us Crazy Kids
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kiley and Jacob doing their dance
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kiley was so sweet and before Jacob left she just loved on him and laid on his shoulder. She doesn't really do this, so it was extra special!
Photobucket

- Monday night our little family went and played at the playground at the elementary school nearby :)

- Tuesday we went grocery shopping, which is always fun for K! I've been reading lately from my Kindle app on the IPad. I've always hated reading, but since I haven't been court reporting in a year (which I had to read the same thing over and over again all the time...but now I find myself proofreading books that I read - lol) I've started to read some. While in Vegas and traveling to and from Vegas I read Pursuit of Proverbs 31 and The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet. I enjoyed both books, except for I didn't realize that Pursuit of Proverbs 31 was a Bible study with worksheets, but it was still a good read. I decided to read Heaven is For Real next, which was just this weekend, and I'm already 75% done with it. I was in tears reading it today when the little boy (who visited heaven during a surgery when he was 3) told his mother that he had two sisters...He had never known that his mom had miscarried...And of course they didn't know they had miscarried a daughter. I was just in tears because I never even thought about the fact that I have a brother or sister waiting on me in heaven, that my brothers have a brother or sister waiting on them, and that my parents have a daughter or son waiting to meet them and watching us live our lives. My mom miscarried before my 18 year old brother was born. This just really struck me! It gave me a whole new reason to look forward to heaven (even though I of course hope I'm an old great-grandmother before I meet this sibling - hehe).
Photobucket

- Wednesday we had a nice play date with Candi and LilyAnne at The Painted Clay. We made plates with their feet prints in the form of ghosts and it said, "Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet." The girls were super good and we had a great time! I can't wait to pick it up and see what the finished product looks like. I was craving pizza that day, so I had ol' Papa John deliver us a pizza that night. Kiley got several scoldings during dinner because she'd rather throw her food down and watch Bailey eat it than eat it herself - that silly girl!
Photobucket
Photobucket
This picture cracks me up
Photobucket
Love these sweet girls!

No comments: