I've been on a vinyl vacation since Christmastime. I decided that I was going to get my house organized during K's nap-time. My house is always almost always clean and picked up, but it's what was behind closed doors that I was on a mission to control.
Call it ADHD, OCD, whatever acronym you can think of, but I've had something lately! I was up till 12 last night after I got home from bunco going through every cabinet and every drawer, wiping them out and putting everything in "place" in my kitchen.
I hit up Dollar Tree twice yesterday. They just so happened to maybe possibly have just unloaded all these awesome baskets, and I took advantage and cleaned them out.
This is my kitchen pantry. I got a pack of paper at Dollar Tree also that had cute little banners across the top, cut them into label size, and labeled them with vinyl.
I attached the labels with clothespins. I'm captain obvious over here.
They had these little containers 3/$1 and I got our junk drawers organized for a measly $2.
This is the hall closet that holds my out of season clothes, medicine, light bulbs, batteries, etc. I left two shelves free up top for next time we decide to add to our family and we won't have the space of our office closet anymore. I'm thinking ahead!
This is the closet at the end of the hall with luggage, towels, sheets, beauty products, etc.
Do you have a good way of storing your hair styling tools? I used to put them in the cabinet, but the cords made everything a mess. We found this at Lowes in the kitchen storage area. It is made to hold your boxes of plastic wrap, tin foil, etc. Our doors were a little narrow for it, but the hubby bent it into the right size and it works perfectly! I can't tell you how much I love not having them all tangled up in the cabinet.
Another item i wanted to find a storage solution for was this bad boy, so we just put up a shelf in the laundry area for it to sit on...out of the way!
Santa brought Chris some of these in his stocking. They're wire clips, and they stick in place. Of course if they weren't there I would unplug the vac when I was ready to use it and the cord would fall back behind the washing machine, so this is so great to have! We have them beneath our night stands also to hold our phone chargers so we don't have to go digging for them every night under the bed.
I think I've had enough OCD for the week, but I have a feeling I'll let it loose on the garage this weekend.









No comments:
Post a Comment