Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

We had such a wonderful Easter weekend! Friday we spent the day with Chris' dad and colored eggs with the kiddos! This was Kiley's first time coloring eggs. I got a little worried when she was pointing at them saying "ball", but she didn't throw any :) She only colored one and didn't want to touch any more, but the other kids had fun making their egg creations.

Kiley's one and only egg was pink
Kiley and her Papa :)


Saturday we took Kiley to see the Easter bunny! Chris was betting that she would NOT like him, because she had been pretty fussy. She has a tooth coming through and also started antibiotics for an ear infection Saturday, but she didn't seem to mind Mr. Eater Bunny one bit!

We headed to Columbia after that and visited with Gramma for the day after that. She didn't know we were coming, so it was a nice surprise.

I tried to get a nice picture of my loves, but this was all I got :)
Weeeeee!

Kiley won't normally get in Gramma's lap, so this was picture-worthy :)


We went to Memaw's around dinner time to spend the night there. We spend the night at Memaw's every Easter. I think I have only not spent the night there once in all my Easters, and that was because my grandfather was in the hospital. The Easter bunny has always visited us there :) He always hid our baskets, and how he does the same for Kiley! All the kids come over and color eggs. We had lots of laughs that night!

Memaw and Jesse making late-night homemade donuts
The Easter Bunny came!

Kiley was so sweet when she saw her Easter basket. She was saying "Woooow! Wow! Woow!" She got a book on Easter, a coloring book, a toy, sidewalk chalk, a stuffed chick, and some candy.



Opening her Easter basket from Mimi and Pops
My sweet family!
We went to church at my Memaw's church, then we went to lunch at my Uncle Kenny's. His house is like an amusement park in the middle of nowhere. There were over 100 people there, and the food was SO delicious! Kiley did her first egg hunt and she did so well at it! She would pick the egg up and throw it right in her basket :)


After Kenny's we went to my Aunt Kim's for my mom's side of the family's Easter. All the kids did an egg hunt and we had a yummy dinner together.

Gramma and Kiley
We had such a great day! We had so much fun and are so thankful for the blessings God has given us. I'm so thankful that God would send his son to die for ME, and YOU! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Kiley in the midst of her Easter goodies before bed
I will post my pregnancy update tonight, a day late.

No comments: