Thursday, June 20, 2013

Father's Day, Big Girl Bed, and a Stomach Virus

Last Sunday was Father's Day! Chris and I are so blessed to have such loving, caring, giving fathers, and now my kids are so blessed to have Chris as a father!

Saturday morning we went to Chick-Fil-A to start off our Father's Day weekend because dads got a free meal, and who doesn't like a free meal? After that we headed to my dad's to give him his Father's Day present.  My brother and I went together and got him a smoker.  How about that? "Happy Father's Day! Now make us some ribs!" Haha! My dad is seriously the best.  He always makes me laugh, always makes me feel loved, and I'm just so blessed and honored to be his daughter.  He would do anything for me, and anything for Kiley...except get onto her ;) He's so sweet with her and she loves her Papa T SOO much! I couldn't ask for a better dad! We saw him early that weekend because he was spending the weekend at Bonnaroo...He got to see Paul McCartney, Jack Johnson, etc. etc.... 

After that we went to a car show with just our little family! We walked around and looked at all the cars before I took Kiley home for her nap. My friend Amanda came and visited during her nap, and the hubby came home after that and spent the afternoon cleaning the gutters....Fun stuff!


Sunday morning Chris opened his present and I made him breakfast.  I meant to get him a center speaker for our surround sound that was small, but I ended up getting a sound bar, which was the wrong thing, so we had to send it back. Chris is such a sweet dad. I love watching him teach Kiley things...He's so good at that! That's when my heart melts.  We are so lucky to have him.  He loves her to pieces and I know he's the kind of dad that will always be there to help her out, from a flat tire, to a leaky faucet, to good advice.  I can NOT WAIT to see him with Weston!

After church we had Chinese with Chris' family.  His dad is a great dad and Papa too! He's one of the most generous people I know..would help anyone at any time! Chris is so lucky to have him..and Kiley is too! We had a nice lunch and we gave him some Adirondack chairs for their summer campsite they have at the lake for their RV. 


Kiley has started sleeping in a big girl bed! My parents have had to start watching Kiley when I play bunco one night a month because Chris never knows when he will get home.  They brought her home that night at her bedtime, but she stayed up until we got home, which we both got home around 9-9:30.  Since she was so tired Chris decided it was a good night to try the big girl bed!



She has done so well! We ended up taking the guard rail off though because when she got out she wouldn't be able to get back in.  She would just stand in the middle of her room and cry until we came and put her back in her bed.  This was making her wake up way too early for her, so since we've taken the rail off she's been sleeping nice and late in the morning since if she does happen to wake and get out of bed before she's ready to start the day she can climb right back in since it's so low to the ground.  This bed was my mom's when she was little.  They were bunk beds....And they were my brother Jacob's bed also..Neat, eh??

Last Saturday I went to check on her during her nap and she was asleep on the floor for the first time ever.  I picked her up and put her back in her bed, and the next time I checked on her she was asleep on the floor right by the door again, so that was the night we took the guard rail down!

 
 On another note, Kiley has had a stomach bug this week! She is finally better, but she was keeping nothing in, poor baby! We've had lots of snuggles this week to get her back to healthy, and she was finally her happy little hoot of a self last night again! :)
She loves Mommy's built-in pillow.



No comments: