Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sweet Birthday

 
So yesterday was my 26th birthday! It was my first "normal day" birthday, as in my first "I"m getting old" birthday.  The hubs has taken off the last 4 years for my birthday and we do fun stuff all day, but he has a new job now, so that ain't happenin, but ya know what? I still had a perfect, sweet, sweet day!

Sunday night we went to Cracker Barrel with my in-laws for my birthday dinner! I thought that was super sweet of them! I ate way too much - I always have to get breakfast when I'm there...have to.  My sweet sister-in-law gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure and the in-laws gave me some moolah that I think I'll spend on some new sheets.  I'm weird, right? But I lurve Pure Beech jersey sheets...like I'll never buy a different kind...and one of our sets has a couple small holes in it from years of washing, and I also want to switch to white.  I get excited about stuff like new sheets.


Monday morning I had my 32 week doctor appointment, so Kiley went and hung out at Mimi's work while I waited and waited, then met with my new doctor that will be doing my c-section, asked her a few questions, and that was about it.  Apparently I gained a lot in the last month...That's the only time my weight has ever been mentioned in either pregnancy.  I'm still way within the normal limit, but just had a growth spurt this month, so I'm going to get an ultrasound in 2 weeks to see how big Mr. Weston is.  I'm not quite sure why...Not like they'll take him out if he's a chunker- haha! But I'm glad I'll get to see his little face again..It's been 12 weeks since our gender scan.

After I picked Kiley up we ran an errand then went and had lunch at Dairy Queen.  I've been wanting to try out their $5 lunch, and I figured I'd treat myself to lunch on my birthday! You can get chicken strips and fries with gravy, a drink and a sundae for $5 - Can't beat that! We came home and took naps, I did some chores after my nap, then when she woke up we went to the playground and then treated ourselves again, this time to cherry Icees.  


That night my parents took us to Chili's - my fave.  They spoiled me rotten with a gift certificate to get a pedicure and to get a gel french manicure (I've never had the gel polish before).  I want to get this done the week before Weston arrives.  They also got me a chevron monogrammed pocket t-shirt and some new jammies! They brought cup cakes, but we were so full that just Kiley had one...and she enjoyed it! 

The hubs gave me an orchid a couple days before, and he wasn't supposed to give me a present since the furniture we had bought was my present, but he got me a massage - He's sweet like that.  He wrote "Happy Birthday" on sticky notes and signed it from "CD, KD, and WD" and had them stuck to the kitchen cabinets when I got up that morning, then came home bearing a card.

That night we rented Admission with Tina Fey.  The hubs has been going into work at 5, so he went to bed before it was over, and I finished it up by myself.  Although the day had lots of "normal", it's good, because I love my "normal".  I really just felt so blessed and loved, and that makes any day great!


No comments: