Christmas 2013 was wonderful, and I was quite sad to see it leave. It came and went like a tornado - fast and crazy! It was a magical couple of days that I'll always cherish.
Monday the kids and I went and spent the day with my family..My brothers and sister-in-law were in. The hubby joined us later, after doing some manly car working-on things, and we went to dinner that night with his family for him and his sister's birthdays. After that we dropped the kids off at my parents' and went and watched Anchorman 2 with my brothers. It was hilarious! We all got in the hot tub with Mom that night and had some more hilarious times together ;)
She sure loves this guy!
Showing some leg off for the ladies.
Kiley loves dogs. Dogs don't love Kiley. She followed Laken around like this through a couple rooms..holding on the whole time while Laken was trying to get away from her.
We used our matching stockings that we had at Gramma's house. A couple days after Christmas we went to my mom's for a little bit and Kiley saw the stockings stacked under the tree. She got them out and laid them out like this..It was the sweetest thing - The girl had a great Christmas and remembers little details like this :)
Keepin it classy...
On Christmas Eve we did things like gingerbread trains, and yummy ham lunch. We went to Christmas Eve service that night. It was a nice service, but trying to keep 2 kiddos quiet makes for not being able to listen very well!! We watched Elf that night and got ready for Santa. We sat out cookies for Santa and read a book about the Christmas Story. When I went in my old room that night, which my whole little family of 4 shared for 2 nights, I was getting in the closet to get something and Kiley said, "Santa here?" And I said, "What, baby?" And she said, "Santa here?" That just about melted me because I knew at this young age she already had a little taste of magic, and I couldn't wait till morning!
On Christmas morning Kiley woke up at 6 on the dot..I was already awake, because just like I've done since I was a kid..I can't sleep on Christmas morning! No matter what time my eyes open..be it 2, 3, or 5 (Thankfully it was 5 this time)...I can't go back to sleep due to the excitement!!! She shouted something, but we couldn't tell what she said! I went out and got the Christmas music playing and the family awake. Kiley was scared to come out. I think she thought Santa was there. When she finally walked out she saw that my brother Jacob and Dad had Santa hats on, and she must have thought they were Santa, so she ran back in the room and started crying, but as soon as we said, "Come out and open presents," she warmed up and made her appearance.
Santa brought Kiley bath toys in her stocking, and candy. He brought her this little toddler 4 wheeler, the kitchen for her doll house, a sticker book, a Minnie Mouse necklace, and a wooden puzzle set. He brought Weston this crawl around car...Kiley loves it! I hope it still works when he's old enough to play in it! He got some goodies in his stocking too :)
Kiley wanted to sit in Bubba's car to open presents.
And here is the beautiful mess of wrapping paper after our beautiful Christmas morning :)
Kiley loves to help Daddy "work on things". She was helping him put together his seat rails up above..
Weston got woken up before he was ready, so he had to take a nap soon after presents! We had a yummy breakfast after presents and before everyone had to leave. It was our first Christmas in Tullahoma...Even though I've lived here my entire life, and although it was different that we weren't at Gramma's, it was still magical!
We went to Chris' Dad's after that. The kids were all greatly spoiled when we opened presents before having a yummy ham lunch.
Kiley loves her Papa's train room. We would find her in there in the dark, having turned the trains on and clapping!
We played Heads Up with the whole family and played cards later, and just had a nice day together!
Christmas was amazing, and I'm sad to see it go! I'd say I can't wait till next year..But I can..because I think I'll stay right here and enjoy my baby and 2 year old...It will be all too soon that Christmas is back and they'll be a year older! I hope you all had an equally magical Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment