I thought I'd share some of our Christmas decor and a couple fun Christmas things we've been doing lately!
Kiley and I decorated a gingerbread house the other day. She loved helping me make Christmas sugar cookies, so I knew she would enjoy this. I did the front and put the mints on top, and she did the rest. She had so much fun! I've got a gingerbread train that we'll put together next week.
Aren't her little sock monkey PJs she got from Aunt Bonnie too cute? She has matching sock monkey slippers too! The bed head and icing on the face make it even cuter!
Mom and I took the kids to see Santa this year. Chris and I got them ready last Sunday night and took them and Santa wasn't there, even though he was supposed to be! So my mom met me there on her lunch break Friday, and Santa was 30 minutes late! That Santa!! When Kiley saw him she said, "My Santa! My Santa in castle" because he was under this castle-looking thing, but when she sat on his lap the tears started flowing! We tried to console her, but she was scared, and I can't blame her. Weston just sat there looking pretty, but for some reason he looks like he's crying too in the picture. Then, when Mimi went to get Kiley she knocked over ALL of Santa's candy canes - We were a total mess!
Most of my Christmas decorations were "inherited" from my Mom - AKA she didn't want them anymore. I love the memories they hold and it makes them so much better than new stuff!! My Gramma gave me my nativity set for Christmas several years ago, and I got the gold star off her tree this year to add to the window up above - perfect!
This is the tree that I bought for $20 8 years ago in college for my apartment. I use it in front of the front window so that you can see lights from outside, and who wouldn't love to have a Christmas tree in basically every room? ;)
This is the wooden Santa I won at stingy Santa this year, and he looks just perfect on my dining room table.
We decorate our tree with ornaments collected over the years. We get at least one a year, and I can't imagine how packed it will be when we're old and gray. We hope to get a new tree this year after Christmas. We bought this one when we were first married, 90% off the day after Christmas, and it was just in the box and we didn't know what it looked like..but it was a steal! Well, you can kinda see through it - lol! It's done it's job for 4 years though, and might last a few more!
Kiley already has a nice assortment of ornaments on her tree! There's a bald spot in the middle because she moves the ornaments around, say, every day. We started the season off with white mesh on her tree too, but I took that off rather quick after having to get it out of her bed twice a day. My mom gets them Hallmark ornaments every year, so theirs will fill up quite fast too! I know she just loves having her own tree, and we'll get Weston one next year! The tree skirt is just an extra crib sheet I had laying around last year - easy peasy and free!
I love having this chalkboard in the hall that I decorate for every occasion.
We made this tree art just today! Weston wasn't wanting to lay his hand flat, so we just used his foot as the tree base. It's too cute!
This little Santa sits on our kitchen table. He was on our mantle with reindeer when I was growing up - Sweet memories!
There's much more stuff placed throughout the house, but these are a few of my favorites. I so enjoy this time of year, and I hope Kiley and Weston have such sweet memories of it in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment