Thursday, August 13, 2009

BRANDON HEATH

Tonight I went to Mount Pleasant for a Brandon Heath benefit concert for Family to Family. It's an organization that helps needy families pay their electricity in that community! It was so good! Brandon's dad was married to my aunt the whole time we were growing up, so he's pretty much like my cousin, and we like to go to his concerts when they're around the area! We went and picked up my grandmother and met a lot of family for dinner! Brandon was having a meet and greet upstairs at the restaurant we went to, so we got to see him for a second there! Brandon mentioned our family in the concert! He said that the only two times he's nervous performing is at weddings and in front of family. And he told how the first group he ever performed in front of was our family at Christmas when he had gotten his first guitar, and how it was neat that he was performing in front of a lot of us tonight! He had two guest singers tonight, both song writers from Nashville! I was totally surprised by one! He has written so many hit songs! His name is Lee Thomas Miller! He wrote (and sang tonight) "You're Gonna Miss This" (Trace Adkins), "In Color" (Jamey Johnson), "The Impossible" (Jamie Nichols), "The World" and "I'm Still A Guy" (Brad Paisley)!! Talk about some hit songs!!! I just thought that was too cool!!! :) They were so funny too! I had such a great time tonight! Now it's pushing midnight, and I need to go to bed, because the alarm will be calling! Tomorrow night we're going out for dinner to celebrate Mackenzie's 8th birthday, and Jacob gets ordained Sunday! :)Me & My Momma!Me and My Cousin, Madi Kay

Video of Brandon singing "Love Never Fails", which was performed at our wedding (not by Brandon! lol) when my mom walked down the aisle

Video of Lee Thomas Miller playing a little somethin' he wrote!
(I wrote this last night but was having trouble uploading videos, and gave it a rest until the morning! :))

No comments: