Thursday, August 13, 2009

HAPPY BITHDAY, JESSE

Yesterday was Jesse's birthday! He's 15! Time to get his permit! AHH! We went to Applebees for dinner after his football practice! He wanted to go eat sushi (yuck!) but this past week he's been in the hospital and in and out of the doctor from some kind of allergic reaction that they don't know what it's caused from...his whole body covered in whelps, and what my mom described as looking like hot water had been poured over his body, and it's in his blood, and his feet are purple...really weird! They just keep giving him shots and medicine and sending him home, and then it's back the next day! But they say that allergies to shrimp, etc. can be caused later in life, and that's what we had at our birthday party this weekend, so we didn't go for the sushi!

Chris' niece's birthday was yesterday too! She turned 8! We're going to Olive Garden Friday night to celebrate her birthday!

It's been kind of a stressful week in our household! Our air conditioner went out Sunday when I was cleaning the house top to bottom, so I didn't notice until later, because I thought I was just hot from cleaning! They came and checked it out and said it was something crazy like the motor mount was broke, I don't know, and that the part wouldn't be in until Wednesday! We stayed here Sunday night, and I was MISERABLE, and we stayed at my parents' Monday night (after another Marvelous Monday at church) and they actually came and fixed it early Tuesday morning after I got home from my parents'! We take the little things in life for granted....like air conditioning! It was so miserable getting ready for work...drying my hair with a fan blowing right on me but still sweating!! It was 85 in our house at night! So glad it's fixed!

The day our air conditioner was broken the whole day, and the day I found out Jesse was in the hospital was the same day that we heard that the budget at General Physics out at the base isn't looking so hot! Chris is having to start looking for a job in case the budget doesn't support him! So that's the main STRESS from lately! We won't find out about their budget until the middle of September, and their new contract starts in October, so it will be pretty last minute! So if you're reading this, please keep us in your prayers for Chris to be guided in the right direction, and for him not go to without work, be it at the base or elsewhere! Of course the perfect outcome would be for them to somehow have enough money, but we know we may not have the perfect option, so just keep him in your prayers!! I know God has a plan for us, and it's just hard not being able to see it! :)

As for a more positive note, I'm going to the Brandon Heath concert tonight in Mount Pleasant! It's where his dad lives, and he's doing a benefit! A lot of my family are going, and we have front row tickets! We're all going out to eat together before the concert! I'm going with my mom and we're stopping in Columbia to pick up my grandmother. I think this might be the perfect aid for lifted spirits!

1 comment:

Tazman said...

Jaimie,
we are praying for the Lord to show you and Chris the next step. We love you.

Sheri