Wednesday, February 17, 2010

VALENTINES

I've been a bad blogger lately! Last weekend we went to Columbia to celebrate my Gramma's 79th birthday! Nobody would ever think she was one year from 80, and you will never hear the phrase "I'm old" come out of her mouth, or anything like that! I hope that I am blessed to be as spunky a 79-year-old as she! The family ate at O'Charley's and had cake and ice cream at Gramma's after that! It was a fun day!We celebrated Valentine's day on Saturday. We went to Murfreesboro to eat at our favorite restaurant, Demos'! It's so yummy! I get the spaghetti alfredo, and of course a cup of their chicken and rice soup, which is to die for! My Valentine's present was a day of shopping, which I was looking forward to! I got a bunch of random things that I've been wanting, like a new makeup bag, new thermal bag for my hair straightener, hand-vac, and other random stuff - ha! I did get 3 articles of clothing.Chris surprised me that morning with a dozen roses and some mums on the kitchen counter with candy and cards. The vase that the flowers are in was one of our neatest wedding presents, and it was from my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Dan! It has our wedding invitation inscribed in it! We went to the movies that night to see Valentine's Day. It was a pretty cute movie to see on Valentine's Day! My present to Chris was a new North Face jacket! His fleece one was balling up, so he's going to leave it in the outer shell for a winter coat, so I got him the kind that's not fleece so that we won't have that problem! He really liked it!

Sunday we woke up to snow! We went to eat with Chris' family for lunch and had dinner at my parents', homemade vegetable soup and grilled cheese, which is great for a snowy day! My mom, Jesse, his girlfriend and I got in the hot tub after dinner with the snow around! It was a fun weekend, and a great Valentine's Day!

No comments: