Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DEN BEFORE/AFTER

I finally got the den finished today! Chris had put molding on the sides of the fire place to hide the wires from the TV and surround sound, and I touched them up this morning. Here's the before and after, which is a big difference from the cave it was before. No, it was a little worse than a cave!Yeah, they really had "for sale" signs on their '70s coffee table...I think they were asking $50 - haha!The logs plugged in and looked like they were on fire, fan and all - lol!

Now for the after...The couch isn't what we would have bought if we had purchased the house first, since we have to kind of form a hallway with it, but we like it, and it works fine...As you can tell (from the blue tape), we're working on the hallway right now!I spy a little Bailey in this picture!
The room has sort of a beachy feel with the blues and tans, and then we have pictures from our honeymoon on the back wall, which are a little corny, but we already had them, and they'll probably be replaced next time we go to the beach! But my favorite is on the mantle. This is our unity candle from our wedding and shells we collected from our honeymoon! I bought a matching candle for the other side. I just love it! I got the large hurricane at Big Lots!
I better go start getting ready for work! I'll share about Craig's list purchases tomorrow!

1 comment: