Thursday, April 1, 2010

CRAIG'S LIST

If you don't search Craig's list before you head to the store to buy a new piece of furniture, you're missing out! There is even a better site to go to, craiglook.com, that searches in a self-picked mile radius around your town. Where we are, we're close to Nashville, but close to other places on Craig's list too, so that way you don't have to search in that one area, the site shows listings in places all around you. We were lucky enough to find this beaut in our little town of Tullahoma...I think we struck gold there and they had that piano especially for sale just for us - lol! They had it listed as an antique upright grand. It sounds kind of old-timey, kind of like a player piano. The best part is it was only $150!! A lot of ads said free piano, but they were either broken or really ugly, and plus they were in Nashville, and who really wants to transport a piano that many miles? It's got simple lines and is dark wood, like we like. As you can see, I'm planning on replacing the fabric on the bench, but I just haven't gotten around to that yet!

The other piece we bought this week was an armoire desk...After we decide to start a family, which isn't in the NEAR future, Chris is going to house his computer here. This is the front room that I have described before as our work room, and that's also where the piano is! We live in a house from the '70s, so it's the "formal" living room, and I guess we're doing it a little bit of justice with a piano. I also didn't want a desk to be the first thing people saw when they came to the door, hence an armoire, which is a little more eye-friendly! We got it for $125, and a similar one at Target is $559!

Those are just two examples of why you should use Craig's list! I could have easily spent thousands on an armoire desk and a piano, but I only spent $275!

Since it's April Fool's it reminds me of LAST YEAR where you can read how Chris got stitches on his eye and I didn't believe him since it was April Fools! I felt so bad for him, and I was kind of worried about stitches on the face since our wedding was a month away - ha!

No comments: