Friday, April 2, 2010

HAPPY EASTER

(My Gramma gave me this cute bunny to start my Easter decorations last weekend!)

Well, actually, Good Friday! What a beautiful day it is! I just got home from work, going to touch up the paint in the hall, make some pizza, then go to the Tenebrae service at church! It's always a really nice service. It's dark, the speakers wear black, people read scripture and then there's a LOUD sound like the hammer hitting the nails into Jesus' hands. They always have nails for you to pick up as you walk in to hold and think about through the service. It's really powerful, and starts the weekend off on what it's all about, Jesus' resurrection.

I'm so blessed to have families that have such great traditions, and they make the holidays SO special, but let's not forget what Easter is all about! I have Chris a little Easter basket ready! Last year I gave him clothes for our honeymoon since it was right around the corner. The kid only had one bathing suit, so I had to hook him up! There's a few things that aren't candy in there, but there is a lot of candy, which he probably won't appreciate since he's been doing so good losing weight! They're having a three-month weight loss challenge at work, and one of the weigh-ins was today. You set goals and have to pay money if you're not at that goal, and the winner at the end gets the money. He set a goal to lose 13 pounds by today and he did! I can tell just by looking at his face! He wants to get back to his high school weight, which would mean he would have to lose a total of 33 pounds! Everybody knows how that goes...He thought he was fat in high school (And he was SOO not fat) and now we'd all give anything to be that size again! lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter, beautiful weather, great time with family, lots of candy, and most importantly celebrates the resurrection of our Lord!

No comments: