Thursday, July 1, 2010

READY FOR THE WEEKEND

Hope everyone has fun plans for the 4th! Tonight I'm starting my weekend early and going to spend the night in Columbia at my Memaw's with my brothers! I know she'll be so excited to have us there for the night! We were just going to go Friday to see Jacob and visit, but he asked us to come tonight to have a "camp out" which is what we always called sleeping in the living room at Memaw's! I'm excited for tonight!

Today I did a little grocery shopping! Somehow I only spent $52, and that included a big family pack of big-ol steaks! I'm always surprised how little I spend when the final item is scanned! It helps to make a list of all your dinners for the week, write down what ingredients you need, and what essentials you need, and stick to it! That way you're not buying half the store just because it looks good at the time! It also helps to not take your husband..."Do we need this onion saver?" "No, Chris...We don't...We don't need new tooth brushes either." haha!

I printed some pictures of Chris' from the past to make a "gallery" of his artwork in the hall! They were taken a long time ago, and I had to get them off his website, dornonphotography.com, so they weren't high resolution. They turned out okay, but not as good as they look on the computer, a little fuzzy! Oh well...They won't stay there forever...We'll change them out with other pictures!(It's hard to get a picture in a hallway!)


Here's my new chair in the formal living room! I really like it! I got the same pillow to accent it as the pillows in our den to tie it all together! Please excuse the fact that I need to vacuum. When the other half of the room is filled with empty boxes from a bathroom renovation you're in the middle of, there's just no point! lol We'll be on the lookout for a little table for this chair!

I got the last room painted yesterday! Still need to do the trim, windows, and shelves in the closet, then the paint will be DONE! It will feel so good to be done painting! The bathroom is still in the works too...So many projects...That will have to wait till after our fun 4th weekend!

No comments: