We had a wonderful, long weekend! I started off my weekend Thursday when I went to Columbia to spend the night at my Memaw's with my brothers!! There were some other people in our family there for dinner, and, boy, did we have a feast! When my mom asked what we had for dinner it went as follows...."Fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, white beans, corn bread, and tomatoes." Shew...
That night we had a good time together and all slept in the same room like we did when we were little! We had quite a few laughs that night! For breakfast Memaw made homemade biscuits, bacon, sausage, fried eggs, and homemade pancakes! She sure was trying to fatten us up! :) We had such a great time, and I'm glad we got to spend time with her!
Friday morning we went to my Gramma's and spent time with her and the family that had flown in for the week from New York! We had a yummy dinner that night there! We had grilled pork chops, fresh green beans, and fresh potatoes! It was yummy! We had a wonderful time with our family, and I'm glad we got to see Jacob!
Friday night Chris and I watched the city fireworks from a distance in our car! I had forgotten they were that night until I was bringing Jesse home from Columbia and noticed ALLL the people going to the airport for the air show and fireworks! We were a bit late, so we got some ice cream and watched them from the car!
The above picture is me with my mom's cousin from New York, Sandy. Saturday we spent the day on the lake, and had a nice dinner with all the family, boston butt and all the fixin's! The neighborhood fireworks were that night, and we watched them from the boat! A lot of the family watched them from the boat ramp, where there's a live band! Last year they lasted an hour, and this year they only lasted half an hour, probably because a LOT went off on the ground on accident, but they were still wonderful!


Sunday was another fun day at the lake after church! That night we had hamburgers and grilled corn, yum! Sunday was the first time I'd seen my Aunt Tammy since she had a heart attack recently, and I was so glad to see her having such a good time, and seeming to be doing okay! She's the one in the hat below!
This is me with my mom, Aunt Tammy, and Aunt Kim.
Chris in his element Sunday night playing with someones camera.
Monday was another day at the lake, and this is my cousin, Sydney, on the wake board!
Monday afternoon we went to Chris' parents' for some YUMMY dinner! His dad got a new smoker, and he broke it out for the first time, making some delicious ribs and chicken! It was so good! We played football in the yard with the kiddos and watched them play in the slip-n-slide! It was such a great weekend!!!!!!!
Tuesday I had Bible study and bunco, and tried to get some things done on the house in between! Tomorrow after work I'm going to try to get the last coat done on the trim in the last bedroom, then on to changing the light switches, sockets, and light! We're seeing the finish line in sight!!! Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!
Friday night Chris and I watched the city fireworks from a distance in our car! I had forgotten they were that night until I was bringing Jesse home from Columbia and noticed ALLL the people going to the airport for the air show and fireworks! We were a bit late, so we got some ice cream and watched them from the car!
Tuesday I had Bible study and bunco, and tried to get some things done on the house in between! Tomorrow after work I'm going to try to get the last coat done on the trim in the last bedroom, then on to changing the light switches, sockets, and light! We're seeing the finish line in sight!!! Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment