..that make a big difference! I love that we have a nice front porch for rocking in our rocking chairs, and we have a nice place for urns (which I can't WAIT to put mums in this fall), but the actual front porch was ugly! It had been painted and was chipping off...mixture of black, gray, concrete, and yuck! We went to Lowe's, and I took some trim from the back porch, eye-balled the color, and it turned out dead-on! We got porch paint, so it will be really durable in the weather, and is glossy, so it will wash right off with the hose! Here's the before.....

And here's the after....
We're still going to let it sit another day before we put the concrete urns and rocking chairs on, just to be safe! We had it prepped and ready for me to paint the next day, and I woke up feeling so yucky..sore throat and body chills, but I sucked it up and painted it so I didn't have to clean it and scrape it again, even though all I wanted to do was lay in bed! I love how a little effort goes a long way in this place we call home! And I know the effort will continue for years to come as we try to perfect every aspect of this house one project at a time! I recently said we were about to get a new roof! We have saved up for it, but now think we'll use the money to pay my car off! That way we'll just have left our house and Chris' school loans as our "debt", which are two BIG TIME debts that won't be paid off for a long time! lol! Our roof still works, just isn't "pretty" hehe! So I guess we'll start saving again for a roof after we pay the car off....since roofs don't come with interest attached! :)
And here's the after....
No comments:
Post a Comment