Monday, January 10, 2011

CONSOLE TABLE

Okay, okay, I know, I know, this is my third post for the day! Maybe I'm getting a bit of the blogging bug back, eh??

There's an empty wall in our front formal living room that we've said we'd like to get a console table for one day. Well, today is that day!

I'm throwing a shower for my friend Amanda in February, and knew I needed a table for her recipe box that people are going to be putting their favorite recipes in, for the thank you cards that people are going to be filling out with their own addresses, and for a vase! So, we decided to go ahead and get one!

I looked on Target.com and found one that I liked! BUT we just put out a ton of moolah to pay my car off, so the extra money isn't flowing, and so I just was not in love with the price! I looked on Wal-Mart, and found the SAME table, SAME brand for $30 less, and it just made me oh-so-happy! With the site-to-store you get free shipping too, so I clicked order.

Here she is! To go along with the "not spending money" theme I decided to use accessories that I already had stored away and maybe find something a little more perfect on down the road! Granted, I haven't found pictures to go in these frames yet, because we just got the table tonight! These frames are left over from my college apartment! One has pictures of Chris and I at the ages of 18 (him) and 15 (me)! The other has a picture of an antique bathtub - haha! And, the beaut on the table was a Christmas present from my boss...So very, very soon I'm going to be getting new pictures for these frames!

The frames that I had didn't make a perfect square so I decided to make a vinyl decal with our wedding year on it to fill the gap, and I think it turned out sweet looking!

I'm just in need for something else for the table, maybe some candles, a little basket, just something! So try to use some of your un-used goodies to spruce up your empty spaces! :)

No comments: