Friday, I got out of court by lunch, so I was able to head straight to the pep rally at the high school to watch Jesse show us his moves! His girlfriend and he got voted the junior attendant and escort for the homecoming! They dressed up as couples from "around the world", and he and his girlfriend, Hannah, dressed up as Aladdin and Jasmine. The whole homecoming court had a choreographed dance that they performed, and they practiced a lot on, that was 5 minutes long, and ended with Jesse doing a back tuck! I'm glad I went, because it was a lot of fun to watch, and Jesse had this huge grin on his face the whole time because he was having so much fun!
That night we headed to the game, and Jacob and Sara were able to come from Knoxville to watch! Jesse looked handsome in his tux, and Hannah's dress was sooo pretty! She also had on these HUGE purple heels with a ruffled T-strap that were super cute!
We had a great night hanging out with the family, laughing like always! Saturday morning we headed back over to my parents' since Jacob and Sara would be there till lunch. It was such a pretty day, and felt like spring! Jacob said we looked like a redneck family all sitting on the front porch, and my mom was actually sitting on a stump in the front yard - haha! We came home after they left and did some work around the house! I was cleaning the windows inside and out in the den, and Chris was putting the storm windows back in. He asked me to stick my arm through the window and hold it up..I told him I couldn't reach..then he accidentally dropped it on me from 3 feet - lol! I have a gnarly bruise! The funny thing is that when I left the room he tried himself and dropped it on his own arm!!! It made for a good laugh later.Sunday we had lunch with Chris' family after church at the Japanese restraunt in town! Chris went to take pictures afterwards and I did some crafting - made a wreath out of coffee filters that is hanging on the mirror in my living room! I painted the living room Monday, and have ordered new couches..my brother is buying our sectional from us! I'm hoping I'll get the couches before I host a bridal shower next weekend - fingers crossed! :)
Tuesday Chris had a scope done. He's had trouble swallowing, and one day this summer he threw up a lot of blood. I read a blog that scared me about a 26-year-old non-smoker dieing of esophageal cancer, then that night, at dinner with his family, Chris had to leave the table three times because he couldn't swallow - so we made a doctor's appointment right away! Thankfully, it's nothing too major..a hiatal hernia! They dilated his esophagus a bit, and took some biopsies, but think everything's clear, so that was great news! That boy sure was embarrassing me when he was doped-up in the recovery room - haha! I told the nurse, "I promise he normally doesn't talk this much." hehe!
Hope everyone's having a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment