Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oh, Baby!

So here's our little bundle! We went in at 8wks 1 day, and I had seen the nurse practitioner that day. She said she would "try" to get me in for an ultrasound, but when I told her I was a twin she said they would definitely fit me in! He searched and searched all over my belly and said there's just one! (I would actually love if God decided to give me twins one day because being a twin is awesome!) We heard the heartbeat for the first time and both held back tears. We had calculated my due date, and by the size of the baby on the ultrasound the doc came up with the same exact date.
Look what a difference 4 weeks makes in the growth of our baby! Friday, June 3rd we went in for our 12wk appointment, at 12 wks and 1 day. I'm new to this whole being pregnant thing, and I don't know anyone that has been pregnant with my doc, so I wasn't expecting to get another ultrasound, but that's exactly what we did - and I like it! :) The baby's heart rate was 175! Fast little heart - Does that mean a girl or an excited boy? lol! The baby also measured three days ahead, so they measured 12 wks 4 days..Must be enjoying what I'm eating!
As for the belly pictures, I will do a weekly update starting next week. We've been taking our pictures on Friday, which is stupid, because we have ended up taking them right before bed, one night at 11:30 and one night at 10:00, so the day has worn on me! Also, in week 11 we had just eaten Mexican, and in week 12 we had eaten Red Lobster for lunch and homemade pizza for dinner, so the belly you see has a lot to do with bloat! hehe! But, hey, it is what it is, and there IS a baby in there! :) I've also been VERY lucky and have not gotten sick with this pregnancy. I know a lot of people lose weight from being so sick in the beginning, and I feel so lucky to not have had to go through that! We'll switch to Thursdays this week, which is our actual "day".


I look forward to starting weekly updates!! Also, you might notice the new widget on the right showing how many days we have till our due date and what the baby might look like. I've been looking at it every now and then, and let's just say it's come a long way!!

1 comment:

Lindsey Jo Coker said...

that is a fast heartbeat! based on that, i'd say girl!