This weekend was a great, busy weekend, but the great merely comes from the fact that I wasn't a blubbery, crying mess all weekend! Thursday we thought Chris might have to go to Virginia for work from this coming weekend through the first week of November. I pretty much cried all day Thursday, because I thought it was set in stone, and my once non-existent pregnancy hormones had shown up in full force! I just couldn't fathom my best friend not being here for two-and-a-half months during this time in our lives where he would miss so much that we were supposed to be experiencing and celebrating, but praise the Lord he doesn't have to go! I would have been 35 weeks pregnant by the time he got back!
Friday night I made a nice dinner of steak, baked potato, and green bean casserole, and we watched "Arthur". We were dorks the rest of the night and laid on the couch together taking turns playing Angry Birds on my phone, and laughed about how we were playing Angry Birds on a Friday night! haha!
Saturday started EARLY! I was up before 6, decided to go get myself some breakfast since Chris was going the to the men's breakfast at church, then shortly after 6 I cleaned the whole house up and down. Somehow I cleaned for two hours even though our house was clean to begin with.... When Chris got home he started cleaning out the closet in the nursery that was full of his junk and I took everything out of our closet to begin the switch. We have a small walk-in closet, but it was evident it holds more than it looks to when our whole room was full of clothes, etc. We planned to add a different closet system to our room and move ours to Kiley's closet to give her double rails. Chris then was sweet and decided that he was going to go ahead and move his desk out of the nursery and put his computer in the armoire desk in the formal living room, even though I told him he could wait till November. After that, his dad came over and took us in the truck to donate stuff at our church's Attic Outlet, then we headed to Lowe's to spend one of four small fortunes Lowes took from our bank account this weekend! We got the stuff for the closet, and we also got all new lights for outside that will be installed soon, four porch lights and one park light that we're going to put a sensor on to turn on automatically at dark, since we never turn our existing one on, since the switch is at the far end of the garage!
After that, we continued on our many projects at home, vinyl, closets, moving desks, and my parents came over to see the nursery just in time to help Chris move the dresser into its new home! After that, Chris' parents showed up to take us to Murfreesboro to eat at one of our favorites, Demos', for my mother-in-law's birthday! We had a great dinner!
When we got home Chris had to go back to Lowes late because we had somehow not gotten home with a part to hang the closet, and instead of spending the $6 those cost, he came home with another $100 spent at Lowes for a "better" way to hang the closet. Haha! Men! Shouldn't trust them alone at Lowes! :P
So here is a sneak peak of the nursery! I'll show the before and after of the dresser! Everything is pretty much in place, just missing some things for the walls, a toy box, and little things here and there, so I'll probably show the whole shabang closer to November when everything is done! :) We had known the Virgina thing was a maybe for a while now, so we were trying to get things done, just in case, so we didn't have to wait till November! But now we just have a pretty room to look at in anticipation for Kiley to come in a few months!
Before
After
Sunday, after church, I went to lunch with my mama and to watch "The Help". It was a great movie, and I love spending time with her!! We actually passed Chris on the way home from, yet again, another Lowes trip that resulted in them getting more of our money - haha! Then, that night, we had our weekly dinner at my parents', this time with ribs, fries, and baked beans - yum!
We had a great weekend, and I hope you did too!
Friday night I made a nice dinner of steak, baked potato, and green bean casserole, and we watched "Arthur". We were dorks the rest of the night and laid on the couch together taking turns playing Angry Birds on my phone, and laughed about how we were playing Angry Birds on a Friday night! haha!
Saturday started EARLY! I was up before 6, decided to go get myself some breakfast since Chris was going the to the men's breakfast at church, then shortly after 6 I cleaned the whole house up and down. Somehow I cleaned for two hours even though our house was clean to begin with.... When Chris got home he started cleaning out the closet in the nursery that was full of his junk and I took everything out of our closet to begin the switch. We have a small walk-in closet, but it was evident it holds more than it looks to when our whole room was full of clothes, etc. We planned to add a different closet system to our room and move ours to Kiley's closet to give her double rails. Chris then was sweet and decided that he was going to go ahead and move his desk out of the nursery and put his computer in the armoire desk in the formal living room, even though I told him he could wait till November. After that, his dad came over and took us in the truck to donate stuff at our church's Attic Outlet, then we headed to Lowe's to spend one of four small fortunes Lowes took from our bank account this weekend! We got the stuff for the closet, and we also got all new lights for outside that will be installed soon, four porch lights and one park light that we're going to put a sensor on to turn on automatically at dark, since we never turn our existing one on, since the switch is at the far end of the garage!
After that, we continued on our many projects at home, vinyl, closets, moving desks, and my parents came over to see the nursery just in time to help Chris move the dresser into its new home! After that, Chris' parents showed up to take us to Murfreesboro to eat at one of our favorites, Demos', for my mother-in-law's birthday! We had a great dinner!
When we got home Chris had to go back to Lowes late because we had somehow not gotten home with a part to hang the closet, and instead of spending the $6 those cost, he came home with another $100 spent at Lowes for a "better" way to hang the closet. Haha! Men! Shouldn't trust them alone at Lowes! :P
So here is a sneak peak of the nursery! I'll show the before and after of the dresser! Everything is pretty much in place, just missing some things for the walls, a toy box, and little things here and there, so I'll probably show the whole shabang closer to November when everything is done! :) We had known the Virgina thing was a maybe for a while now, so we were trying to get things done, just in case, so we didn't have to wait till November! But now we just have a pretty room to look at in anticipation for Kiley to come in a few months!
Before
After
Sunday, after church, I went to lunch with my mama and to watch "The Help". It was a great movie, and I love spending time with her!! We actually passed Chris on the way home from, yet again, another Lowes trip that resulted in them getting more of our money - haha! Then, that night, we had our weekly dinner at my parents', this time with ribs, fries, and baked beans - yum!
We had a great weekend, and I hope you did too!
1 comment:
the dresser looks great! it doesn't even look like the same one!
Post a Comment