Friday, March 30, 2012

Some Of My Favorite Things

I thought I'd list some of my favorite baby things, the things that work for us.

This is my current fave sling. I have the Moby and the backpack-like one from Wal-Mart, and this one is the easiest! You can get it HERE 


My favorite bottles are the Dr. Brown's ones. They reduce air bubbles, and who wouldn't want that on a newborn's sensitive tummy??

I like using the Dr. Brown's formula mixer that you can find HERE.  My formula routine is that between her 3 and 6 o'clock feedings, while cooking dinner, I wash her bottles from that day, and this mixer, and get her formula made for the next 24 hours. It works so much better than when I was mixing a bottle at a time, less air bubbles and less time!


We have the Baby Trend Diaper Champ Deluxe that you can find HERE  I love how you can use your own trash bags and aren't suckered into buying expensive ones that only fit that diaper pail!


We use this sound sleeper sound machine on the womb setting that you can find HERE.  It gives her a constant noise to help sleeping, and when she was a newborn it could remind her of the sounds she'd heard for the past 9 months! I like it also because I can hear it over the monitor and it even helps me sleep! I also like that I constantly know the monitor is on/working because I hear this sound over it. When I read "The Happiest Baby On The Block" it mentioned using a sound machine...She's a good sleeper, and we use one of these...Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but it works for us!

Although, when she was a newborn we used this sound machine that you can find HERE, the Cloud Sleep Sheep. That's what we used when she was in the bassinet for her first month of life. It is on a timer, so after she would wake up for feedings I would hit the button and it would play for 20 minutes.


This is the diaper bag I use, and it can be found HERE. I like that it looks purse-ish. It has lots of pockets for all the necessities, and the bottle holders on the side keep the milk cold so well!
We use the Angelcare baby movement and sound monitor that you can find HERE. This brings me SUCH peace of mind, especially since my baby girl is a tummy sleeper! I don't have the one pictured..Mine is from Wal-Mart and it doesn't have the screen on the parent's receiver. This has a pad that goes under the mattress that detects movement...such movement as soft as breathing. If your baby were to stop breathing the alarm would go off. We did have a few false alarms (thankfully) until we found the right sensitivity setting. I know it works because when we forget to turn it off when we take her out of her crib...20 seconds later alarms are going off!

I like this Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper that you can find HERE. My Aunt Tammy got this for me at our shower..I had never seen one before! The first night Kiley was home..when the aforementioned alarm went off unexpectedly due to the sensitivity settings, I jumped up and felt like I ripped my incision right open - screamed bloody murder! Chris went and got this and brought it in the room for her to sleep in right next to the bed. I will NEVER forget this moment, because he had changed her diaper as I'm laying in bed crying from the ripping feeling I had...He comes in and her dirty diaper is hanging from her swaddle blanket - haha! I said, "Oh No! I need to laugh but I can't because it hurts!!!" haha! Anyway, she has taken lots of naps in this thing in the living room, and it folds up to close to nothing!
One of Chris' old college roommates brought Kiley this play mat for Christmas that you can find HERE. I love this thing! It is awesome because even before they can reach for the toys above their head they can listen to the music and watch the light show on one of the attachments! We even took that off the play mat and brought it on a long car ride..attached it to the headrest of the car! Now she loves to play with the toys while listening to the music!
We love using a simple sponge for Kiley's baths that you can find HERE. This isn't the exact one that we have..Got ours at K-Mart. We gave most of her first baths in the little pink tub that comes from the hospital. Our girl loves the water, so my mom mentioned getting one of these and they have been so much fun for her! She gets to kick and play in the water without being submerged. I usually move her down quite a bit to where her booty and legs are all the way in the water so she can kick away!

I love my Graco Snugride travel system, but they don't offer that exact one anymore. I like the ease of the bases, how you can buy separate ones, how easy they are to properly put in your car. The one thing I like the most about my stroller is that you can reverse the handle so that your baby can face out or your baby can face you. This works wonderfully on walks, so that I can change this depending on which direction the sun is facing...it doesn't ever have to be in her eyes! I just stop for a second, reverse it, and we're on our way with the baby in the shade!


Those are some of my favorites! I know there have got to be more, but that's all I could think of right now! I always loved seeing people's favorite baby items before I registered for my little bundle, so I thought I'd do the same thing!


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Id love to see a pic of the stroller... I have a friend registering now and want to give her suggestions.  Great list!

Jaimie Dornon said...

 I can't find it anywhere :(