Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Five Months

Kiley, you are five months old! That means next month you will be HALF A YEAR OLD! This boggles my mind! You are the best, most lovable, cutest, easiest, blue-eyed Smiley Kiley and I can't imagine my life without you in it!

- You weigh 19 lb 2 oz and are 26 3/4 inches tall. You are in the 97th percentile for height and weight.

- You are in a size 3 diaper.

- You are wearing 3-6 month clothes and 6 month clothes.

- Your eyes are still a beautiful blue. Your hair has lightened up this month and is starting to thicken up, although it is still the same length.

- You haven't worn shoes this month, so I don't know what size you are currently in :) We go barefoot around here, even in fancy dresses to church :)  BUT, you wore size 1 at 4 months, and your feet look the same, small :)

- You still are a fountain, with drool coming out 24/7

- Everything goes to your mouth, especially your toes these days! If someone gives you their hand you try to immediately put it in your mouth! You are starting to chew on things too, like your favorite little chew leaf on your exersaucer.

- You are recognizing what people are doing now when we eat, and you think it looks quite fun! You try to get my cup anytime I'm drinking and holding you at the same time. 

-  Your day consists of waking up at 8 a.m., and sometimes later. I get you up and bring you in the bed with me where we cuddle and watch cartoons. This, by far, is my favorite part of the day. You either cuddle quietly or talk my ear off! You then eat at 9, I let you play while I take a shower, and by 10 you are down for a nap. You normally wake up between 11 and 11:30, eat at 12, and we do whatever we have to do that day then, say go grocery shopping, or if nothing is going on we go on a walk or play. You go down for another nap between 1 and 1:30 and sleep to 3 or 3:30, eat, and then we do more playing, etc. I cook dinner and you eventually go back down around 5 and sleep till about 6, or 6:30, eat your 4th bottle, then we spend more time playing! You eat your baby food at 7:30 or 8, take a bath if it's bath night, then we do our bedtime routine where I feed you a small bottle, rock you, sing to you, and love on you while you drift off to never-never land around 8:30.

- You give me the BIGGEST smiles when I come get you from bed that sometimes you knock yourself over!

- You have really started talking a lot this month. You also blow LOTS of bubbles and your laugh is becoming more and more of a real laugh!

- You still LOVE bath time, and no matter how tired you are you perk up to kick and splash.

- I show you yourself in the mirror all the time. I'll smile real big at you, you'll smile a huge grin then turn your head real fast away like you're being bashful..it's so cute!

- Your thighs are SO big - haha! I think they get bigger every day, but it just adds to your cuteness!

- You can almost sit up, but just in the bent-over position.

- I love you more and more every day. I love seeing your sweet personality show through. It's such a joy to be your mama. I love spending my days, nights, and every second possible with you because you are sure to bring a smile to my face! I look forward to watching you grow, although it's TOO FAST and needs to slow down so you're still my little baby :) I love you more than I ever thought possible, baby girl! :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

She's a doll!  Hi! I'm a new follower from Kelly's Korner. Feel free to follow me as well :)

Ashley said...

I'm over from Kelly's Korner, I'm a Middle TN Mama. You little one is so cute. Come by and visit us, feel free to follow.