Thursday, May 3, 2012

Week In Review

- Kiley is 21 weeks old and more fun than ever!

- Thursday I declared it pajama day at the Dornon home! Actually, that means I just stayed in my shorts and t-shirt all day! I had been looking forward to this since we had places to be every other day that week! I laid down with Kiley during her first nap...holding a sleeping baby...best thing ever! That night I made Pioneer Woman's sour cream noodle bake. I thought it was delish! The hubs doesn't like sour cream, so I didn't tell him it had sour cream in it....or cottage cheese! He did takes lots of sips of water while eating, but he ate it - haha! It was yummy! The boy has a list of 100 things he doesn't like to eat, so I've just started not telling him it's in it :)
"This is my Sesame Street face!"

- Friday we went to the baseball game that night against Columbia, and they won! Undefeated in the district! I hope they keep that up during the district tournament! With regular baseball season over it's evident my little brother will be graduating in mere weeks, and that's just crazy! It was senior night, so they went out on their field and gave their mothers roses :)
Made pizza cups found on Pinterest HERE and they were delish! Easy, yummy, and quick meal before the ball game.

- Saturday we went to our friend John's grandparents' lake home for his sister's graduation party. It was such a nice day! They had a yummy lunch and we visited all day! Kiley didn't sleep but maybe 2 seconds the whole time we were there! She slept an HOUR AND A HALF ALL DAY! She wasn't fussy or anything, just had too much to look at at this new place! She normally sleeps 4-6 hours a day! On the way home she fell asleep and I went to plug my phone in and the little thingey that you plug it into was broken..How in the world does that happen! So we headed straight to Verizon and they said I'll have a new phone in the mail by Tuesday. I had just finished saying the other day when you have insurance you never have to use it...Well 3 years of having insurance on the phones, and I'm glad we have it...first time using it! Using my old dinosaur Blackberry till then :)
I gave Kiley an ice cube to suck on this morning. She can't quite put things in her mouth at the right angle yet, like putting her paci in her mouth the right way, but she enjoyed it for a little bit!
Bath time in our yellow tub from the '70s :)

- Sunday Kiley took a 3 hour nap and a 2 hour nap to make up for the day before! Chris put up new lights in the garage that day while Kiley and I played during her few waking hours! That night we went to my parents' home for dinner. They made some yummy grilled chicken, squash casserole (reminds me of summer/childhood), potatoes and garlic biscuits! It was so yummy! Kiley, Mom, and myself took a walk, and Kiley had carrots for the first time at their house! It was a great day!
Kiley tearing up a magazine! She is close to sitting up..she can sit up like this (bent over) for a small amount of time, but not sit upright yet

- Here's Kiley Monday!
"I think I'll just lay down for tummy time" :)

- Tuesday we went grocery shopping and I got lots of things to make baby food! (bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, and pears) I made apples this day and Kiley gulped them down...love at first taste! I also made some homemade disposal cubes that I saw on a blog. You cut up a lemon (I used my silicone brownie trays that I use for baby food) and fill each one with a slice of lemon and vinegar. You could do this in regular ice trays too. After frozen, just pop out and keep in a zip lock in the freezer! 50 cents for the lemon, about 50 cents worth of vinegar....24 disposal cleaners! And they work so well...as good as the store bought ones, if not better!
Cute little piggies

- Wednesday was our anniversary!! Three years with my best friend as my husband! I pushed Kiley on the swing that morning, we rocked on the porch, and had us a nice day together. The hubby came home bearing flowers and we headed out to dinner after dropping the tot off at the grandparents'. We first headed to Verizon because my phone they gave me wasn't working until I got another SIM card since it's 4G, and while there the hubby got it in his blood that he needed a new phone. We went to Chili's after that for a nice dinner, and the waiter brought us a huge brownie and ice cream because he saw our Happy Anniversary cards...score! I got my hubby some indoor soccer shoes and a shirt and he got me a Pandora charm and an IPad case. We then went BACK to Verizon for him to get a new phone since his contract was up! It was a nice day, and Mimi and Pops enjoyed watching Miss Kiley! SO much has happened over these 3 years, and I'm so blessed to have the man I do, and now the daughter that I do - SO blessed! :)
"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Another Nashville momma here...and new follower... - found your blog on Kellys Korner!! Have a great weekend! www.abcoulter.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Oh, I want to eat her up!  What a cutie pie! 

I'm visiting from Kelly's Korner.  I'm just north of Nashville. 

Katrina said...

Another Middle TN, SAHM, from Kelly's Korner. 

Julee Turner said...

I have family near Nashville so I clicked over from Kellys blog. Then noticed that our girls are very close in age! Preslee was born on Nov 29! Cute to see things they are doing the same! 

inTN said...

We are about to relocate to Cookeville, TN! God willing by the end of the summer!  I'm a SAHM to Piper, who was 2 on Jan 8th!  Not sure where you are but nice to "meet" you here!

Sarah McKinney said...

Your little girl is so cute!  I have a little boy who is 6 months old. I found your blog from Kelly's blog.   We are a little south of Murfreesboro. 

Dahwiggs said...

Interesting to see another blogger from my hometown linking up with Kelly! Your little girl is precious. I have a little girl who turns two next week, and we enjoy coming over to the new "Rocket Park" by the baseball fields. Perhaps we could meet up sometime!

Jaimie Dornon said...

Oh, how neat! What is the link to your blog?