Thursday, June 21, 2012

Week In Review

Kiley is 28 weeks old!

- Thursday
Eating bananas!

- Friday Chris installed his Father's Day gift early. He got a remote control that works through the walls, so he got all of our TV components out of the fireplace (maybe we'll actually have a fire this winter!) and put them in the closet. Kiley slept like a log all day!

- Saturday Chris and his dad worked on our back porch. They got a new beam and posts up. They worked super hard all day while Kiley and I went to the lake, swam, and sun-bathed with my parents and Jesse. We had such a nice day! They have to fix the top of the deck now and put a stair all the way around and it will be done-so! Super thankful for their hard work!

- Sunday Kiley gave her daddy his cards...including a cute one she made at church with her feet prints on them! After church we went to the in-law's for a yummy cookout for Father's Day, hung out with them for the day, then went to dinner at my parents'! We got Chris' dad a gift card to a sporting goods store in town and got my dad some motorcycle gloves.  I'm so thankful for my dad! He's so funny, I love being around him, so thoughtful, such a good provider of not just our needs, but he always had time to provide to play, teach, have fun. I'm forever grateful to have the best dad ever! I'm also so happy that my hubby had his first Father's Day! He loves our little girl so much, and I look forward to watching him with her throughout the years! I know he'll continue to be a great father..He had a great example!
First Father's Day!

- Monday night we had us a nice little family night out. We went to Lowe's to get supplies for a big order of  76 coasters that I had, then we went to Baskin Robbins and ate milkshakes outside, then walked to the sporting goods store that's right by that and walked down all the aisles looking and messing with everything. It was fun! Kiley has started to cuddle on her own. She started holding her head up from what seems like day 1, and when you'd hold her upright she'd hold her head up, but she's just started to lay it on my shoulder, chest, etc., and it just melts my heart!

- Tuesday Kiley and I ran some errands! We went to the grocery store to pick up some more baby food (store bought) and lots of fruit to make more baby food! I made apple/blueberry baby food that day! We then went on a couple more errands before visiting Mimi at work. She was surprised :) The hubby went to his sister's that night to help her move some furniture, and Kiley was extra tired that night so she took a nap on me on the couch...Oh, my heart! :) I'm loving her being a little cuddle bug!
Tickles from Mommy!
"I think I'll pull your hair just a little, Mom."

- Wednesday I made peaches baby food! I'm on a mission to make some baby food every day for the next few days! Kiley must have been having some tummy issues last weekend because she was SUPER picky with what she ate! She only wanted the Gerber organic baby food in the pouch, which is mostly fruit and some have veggies mixed with the fruit! Thankfully that passed, because she's been eating cereal, mixed veggies, everything I make her just fine! I had gotten worried that she had her daddy's picky taste buds when it comes to texture, but thankfully she doesn't! She has just been SO fun lately! I could eat her up! My mom watched Kiley for a little bit at work that day while I went to the post office with 40 pounds of coasters to send to Australia! No way to carry that and my babe! She watched some Sesame Street with Mimi for a little while. The hubby had a soccer game that night so Kiley and I went on a walk...walked to the sister-in-law's and they weren't home, so we walked to the playground at the elementary school and swung together. She laughed EVERY time I kicked off - it was precious! She also took a nap on me on the couch again that night...Oh, my heart again :) She normally has 3 naps a day, but the past 2 days she's been taking 4 - crazy girl!
Her play mat has become more of a jungle gym! Strong girl flips it over, pulls it to her, etc.!
Silly girl!

1 comment:

Florastraight said...

she is growing so fast and such a cutie== just love the blogs