Kiley is 34 weeks old!
- Thursday we went back over to Mimi and Pops' to feed their dog, water their flowers, and get their mail for them like we had been doing all week while they were on vacation. I would feed Kiley there and put her down for a nap before we came back home...and I would sneak in a little nap too since, hey, I wasn't at home so I could relax :)

Kiley's cute fishy face
- Friday we did the same at Mimi and Pops', then that night we watched the Olympics opening ceremony. It definitely didn't compete with last time, but, hey, it's something you have to watch if you're obsessed with the Olympics, like me!


Silly girl!
- Saturday morning Chris surprised me with my present that I wasn't expecting. I thought that re-doing the living room was my present, but he surprised me with recessed lights for the living room, which is SO great because it was like living in a cave before. My brother and his wife showed up around noon so we could celebrate our birthday weekend! They brought lunch over, then we went to the state park swimming pool that we frequented when we were little. Sara and I jumped off the high dive - lol. Kiley was able to swim around in just her float or on our hips, and it was better than wearing a life jacket like she has to in the lake. We had lots of fun throwing ball, doing hand stands, and playing the washing machine game. After that we went down to the marina and got some yummy ice cream. That evening Chris and Jacob finished putting the lights in the den while Sara and I watched the Olympics. We also had some pizza casserole that night on the back porch followed by some good conversation. It was a great day. :)

Daddy packed the bag for the pool...Kiley's ready to go!





We think it's so funny when Kiley lounges on her side like this
- Sunday was our big 25th birthday! Chris had roses and cards waiting on me when I woke up and he made me muffins. We had such a nice church service and then we went to Red Lobster for lunch with Jacob and Sara. We all took naps at our house before heading to the parents' when they got back from the beach. We opened all our presents (I got lots of nice clothes and candles!) We had pizza and ice cream cake for dinner before Sara and Jacob headed back to Portland, where they moved earlier in the week...closer to us :) I really had a great birthday and I'm so thankful for everything in my life. I thought last year's birthday couldn't be beat, finding out that I was having the daughter my heart always wanted, but just being a mommy, being with loved ones, you can't get better than that!



Kiley opening HER presents from Mimi and Pops' vacation before we opened our birthday presents :) They got her a book and some clothes.


My favorite birthday gift :)






Kiley and Uncle Jacob doing their dance ritual
- Monday morning KG and I were swinging on the back porch, a pastime loved by us both, and I noticed something in her mouth, so I felt around and felt a sharp point coming out at the bottom of her mouth - a tooth! For the whole weekend she had been sticking her tongue out, and now we know why, she was feeling that new *thing* in her mouth. There is one that has a little point sticking through and one that is trying to surface right next to it. I was kind of surprised because she had been acting fine all weekend, just not sleeping as well. I guess it's because we had company and they preoccupied her from the pain in her mouth. The rest of the day was filled with Tylenol and Baby Orajel. I fell asleep right before the hubs got home from work (still so exhausted lately) and my sweet hubs took the monitor from beside me (KG was asleep) and went to the bedroom, then got KG up from her nap when she woke up. He was so sweet to let me get a nap in... Love him :) Kiley woke up at 2 that morning. This is the first time I've had night duty in probably 6 months! Poor thing was in pain from teething. I rocked her back to sleep, got in bed, and she started screaming again...I went and gave her some Tylenol, went back to bed...screaming again...I put some Orajel on her gums and she finally nodded off, sleeping till 8 a.m. I don't like my little darlin to hurt :(

"What, Mom? Isn't this how I am supposed to play on this?"

When I woke up from my nap the hubs had bunny ears and feet rattles on the babe - lol
- Tuesday we ran some errands...Went to Wal-Mart to get Tylenol and carrots for the babe, then to Sally's to get some mousse for the mom, then decided to walk in the frozen yogurt place, Goody2Scoops, next door. This was Kiley's first time to go since she's been eating..it had been a while! We got cookies and cream mixed with vanilla yogurt topped in almond slices, and Kiley got lots of good licks of the yogurt. She loooved it :) KG ran into her friend Lainee at the yogurt place :) I had bunco that night so the hubs hung out with his little girl.

- Wednesday we had a wear-only-your-diaper-all-day kind of day. We made a small fort from a chair and blanket that we laid under..and she laughed...I pulled her down the hall on a blanket...and she laughed. Pretty successful day :) That night we looked at places to stay in Vegas! Chris is going to Vegas in a couple months for a conference/seminar and myself and another girl will be joining our guys for a long weekend, visiting the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, etc. It will be a nice time for the hubs and I, but I already don't want to think about leaving my babe for 3 nights! We had a horrible storm roll in that night, so I let Kiley stay up a bit longer since there is a big ol' tree by her room...all ours stayed up..our neighbors weren't so lucky :(

1 comment:
Just wonderful reading Jaimie!!!!!
Post a Comment