Kiley is 37 weeks old!
- Thursday we met Jesse and Mimi at Goody2Scoops. I thought I'd treat Jesse to some yogurt because I really just wanted to see him again before he left for college that night. I called Mom and she met us since it was her lunch break. Kiley and I shared banana pudding yogurt mixed with a little chocolate. We went on a little family walk that night with Daddy. :)


- Friday I took Kiley to the doctor just to get her checked out before the weekend, her ears and throat. She's just been sleeping like crazy...like Thursday night she slept 13 hours, was awake 2 hours, then slept 2 more hours. She's also not been eating much. Where she would eat a whole thing of carrots and a whole thing of fruit before for one meal she would just eat a few bites of one. When she woke up from her nap with tummy issues (keeping it G rated) I knew I should take her in before the weekend, but everything checked out fine. She might just be pushing another tooth through. At least she's still happy!
- Saturday Chris went to Alabama to take pictures and I went to a Premiere Jewelry party at the neighbor's house. I took Kiley with me and she played with their boy Ben. He's 1. He has a sister who is 4 months younger than Kiley, so when she gets mobile they'll be great friends! I picked out a pretty ring, had some yummy food, and we headed home. That afternoon we went to Mimi and Pops' when they got back from Knoxville since Daddy was away all day. But before that we had the mother of all explosive diapers that required a bath. You wanted to know that, didn't you? It was a first for myself(as in it was the first time it required a bath!)! lol!



Mimi and Pops got Kiley a UT shirt while moving Jess in! She was trying out their big-girl car seat before they keep her during our Vegas weekend.
- Sunday, after church, we headed to Shelbyville to Chili's for my mother-in-law's birthday. The in-laws, myself, the hubby, his sisters, and Kiley all had a nice lunch together and we (at least I) ate WAY too much! I just can't help myself with their chips and salsa. They magnetize to my mouth :) I took my camera to get a family picture but we dropped it and broke the flash AGAIN! We then headed home and took a LONG nap, all 3 of us, then headed to the in-law's for some cake and Hunger Games. We had a nice day hanging with the family.

That morning we let Kiley try out her new walker! She doesn't really have any toys that light up or are interactive, and she didn't have a walker, so we thought this would be perfect for her since she's pulling up pretty good.

She can't pull up on it yet since it rolls, but I'm sure she will soon!

- Monday we had another Marvelous Monday at church! It was a great service!

- Tuesday was quite the eventful evening. We headed to play tennis with Taylor and Lizzy at the high school while Kiley watched from her stroller and scattered puffs all over the court. Taylor said the opening line to her biography will be, "I left my mark on the tennis court at an early age." lol! When we were driving out the hubs called his sister because we needed to return Hunger Games to her, and it was a God-thing because she was looking at her phone at the exact moment to call him because her car was broken down at the drive-thru window at Papa Johns. Thankfully we were all in the car and close to where they were. Her car wouldn't even come out of park to be pushed away from the drive-thru. We sat around for a while and then I took the kids to our home and had them eat their pizza and get started on their homework, gave Kiley a bath, etc., while the hubs and his sister waited on a tow truck. Thankfully he figured out the problem before the tow got there!! Apparently there's a cable that attaches to the transmission that gets it out of gear and it had slipped off...The part that holds the cable on was missing, so he just needs to replace that and it will be good to go. Praise the Lord! He was able to drive it to the house, but without the missing part it would just happen over and over again. Now, for the funny things that happened in the short time they were at my house: I was making them some KoolAid and I got the sugar container off the shelf. Justin (8 yrs old), said, "Wow! You have matching containers with all your stuff in it and it even has labels! Can I have your house?" I was thinking, "Well, buddy, I didn't think canister labels would make an 8-year-old want my house." Haha! Then he told me that while him and his sister were walking to the restroom at Papa Johns she told him she wanted to be what I am when she grows up. I was curious to hear what he said after this because I was/am a court reporter, but I haven't done that in almost a year, I'm a stay-at-home mom, and I have a vinyl business, so I had no idea what he was alluding to, and he said, "She wants to make stickers like you when she grows up." (I had made her a monogram for her binder at school.) Hehe! So I decided that from all the vinyl love I got from the kids that night my new motto for vinyl should be, "I do it for the kids." Haha ;)

Just crawling around my house.
- Wednesday we had a nice day at home, and it was just me and Kiley at home that night because Daddy was at the neighbor's machine shop fixing Aunt Candi's car. We got our new Bible in. We are going to read The One Year Chronological Bible together. I wanted to get The One Year Bible so we would be more likely to read it together in one year than reading just our standard Bible, and Chris wanted to read a chronological Bible, so this was the perfect fit, and we started it tonight! Chris also ordered the Archaeological Study Bible that he's going to take to work and read on lunch, etc. He's ALWAYS wanted to get this one!

Kiley is getting brave and holding onto two things at once, like her toy and the ottoman, or the couch and the ottoman.
No comments:
Post a Comment