Thursday we got up bright and early on Thanksgiving morning and headed to the in-laws. We had the father-in-law's yummy sausage balls for breakfast, then got to cooking. This was all after I had to go home to change because a hole got ripped in my new sweater right when I got there.... I wasn't very thankful for that. Candi and I got to cooking, and we had it all ready about an hour before we ate, so we spent a lot of time re-heating and re-moisting - lol. Kiley was all over the place and never took a nap until we left that afternoon. The kids watched Beauty and The Beast in 3D after we ate, and we just had a nice time together.
New tradition at the Dornon Thanksgiving - Signing the tablecloth each year.
Kiley playing with her cousin Mackenzie
Daddy, Kiley and Papa watching a car video
We left and went to Columbia, where we had an amazing meal. Gramma even clapped and we all joined her at the table - That's how good it was! We lounged around that night recovering from our newly acquired food babies - haha! It was a great day and one of the 365 days a year that I'm thankful for everything God has done for me and the amazing family I have been blessed with.
Kiley was helping Daddy open his birthday presents so he made her a tissue paper hat
Sweet baby love
We decided to not go shopping till morning, instead of midnight like the previous year. We left shortly after 5 and went to Spring Hill. The crowd wasn't bad at all! I'm a fast shopper though...Like I just scan the store and I'm done...So I told them I was just taking my little brother next year because they were too slow and Chris begged for everything from pillows to helicopters - haha! But of course I wouldn't really do that because it's fun. We did finish our Christmas shopping!
When we got home we helped decorate Gramma's house for Christmas, did a little more shopping, then went and visited Memaw and decorated her house for Christmas. We had yummy leftovers for lunch, then that night we went to the movies! They had this special where for $3 you could get a certificate for 2 large drinks, a large popcorn, and a large candy. Score! We went and saw Skyfall. It was me, the hubs, Jacob, Sara, Jesse and my dad. Kiley stayed at Gramma's with Mimi and Aunt Mel. They sent a picture of her being pushed around in Gramma's wheelchair eating popcorn puffs. Needless to say they spoiled her rotten and she had lots of fun!
Helping Pops light Gramma's tree
Playing with Daddy at Memaw's
Saturday we came home and I got to help Mom put her tree up. I love looking through all those ornaments that remind me of my childhood...We had chili for dinner and listened to Christmas music all day. It was sweet perfection.
Dancing to Christmas music before we left












No comments:
Post a Comment