Kiley is 47 weeks old!
- Thursday we went on our first bike ride! We bundled up at about 8:30 that morning and went on a ride. The tire was flat from airing it up the night before, so I aired it back up and thankfully it stayed. We rode for 1.76 miles...not too far since we had the tire situation. I also learned that it's a little harder with all those extra lbs on the back...make the hills seem even taller! Mackenzie, our niece, came over and hung out that afternoon. She had pulled her hamstring at gymnastics, so she was resting up that day. Kiley slept most of the time she was there, but I introduced Mackenzie to Hocus Pocus. I also worked on Taylor's groomsmen gifts that whole afternoon. I etched a wreath with their initial in the middle and the wedding date beneath it on glass cups. That night we made a trip to Lowes to get Taylor's wedding gift and to Wally World to get some baby Tylenol!! Boy did we need that!!!! Poor baby has been a wreck lately with her teeth coming in. She literally has a blister on the inside of her lip from her new teeth..poor thing!
- Friday we went to the new wings place in town for lunch and Kiley and I shared a chicken philly....Well, she had some of the chicken :) Daddy had the wings, and we thought it was pretty good! We went to the mall after that to get Daddy an outfit for the wedding we were going to the next day because somehow he has no dress pants besides khakis...He must have put them in the donate bag by mistake! After that we stopped by Mimi and Pops', even though they weren't there...They're on their anniversary trip to Fall Creek Falls hiking and staying in the hotel there. Mom had a plate of her sugar cookies for us so we HAD to go get those :). We mailed a bunch of casserole dishes after that, then that night we went to a Sunday school party. It was a bonfire and hay ride. Kiley scarfed up the taco soup..She even let me feed it to her, so it sounds like that will have to be on the menu at Casa De Dornon soon. The temps really dropped that night so it REALLY felt like fall. We had a great time!
- Saturday Kiley went and stayed with her Papa and Mamaw for a few hours when we headed to Nashville for Taylor and Lizzy's wedding at the mansion at the Hermitage. (aka Andrew Jackson's home) It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. We were glad to be there to witness them become Mr. and Mrs. Bryan...Even though we tried to get them to go ahead and do it in Vegas - lol ;) We stayed till after dinner was served, then we drove over to Opry Mills and met Jacob and Sara for a movie. I'm glad we left when we did because the parking was cray-z! We had enough time to run in one store before the movie started. Jacob and Sara made it to the front of the line in time for me to grab their debit card to get their tickets for them, and when I got to the ticket counter she asked if I had just been in her line, and I told her no, so she said my doppelganger had just been through her line and I needed to go see if I saw her in the theater. Thankfully we didn't - lol! I didn't really want to see someone and be like, "Oh, so THAT'S what I look like?" Ha! We watched Fun Size and it was such a cute/funny movie. I'm so glad we saw it. The ending was the BEST part...actually when you think the movie is over. I was so glad to see Jacob and Sara and so glad to go on a date day with my hubby. I did miss my girl though!! Her Mimi and Pops picked her up from Papa's house that evening and she spent the night with them. When they arrived she was asleep in Papa's arms, so I'm sure he ate that up! I'm glad Kiley got some good grandparent time in.
- Sunday we went to Sunday school and then picked up our little love muffin from the grandparents. The hubby took car pictures that evening so Kiley and I went and ate dinner at Mimi and Pops'.
- Monday we had a nice day at home. I carved our pumpkin while Daddy and Kiley watched. I made the all-time-favorite roasted pumpkin seeds, and they were gone by the next day. Kiley spent most of the day in the downward dog position. I don't know if she's trying to stand up without pulling up on something or if she's practicing her future career as a yoga instructor.....either way it's cute/funny ;) That night the hubs moved the wall-mounted ironing board from the laundry room to the closet to make it more functional while I gave the girl a bath. She was pruny by the time we got out...We were making monkey noises and screaming..you know, the norm ;)
"Can I have your camera, please, Mom?"
Pumpkins and monkey slippers
- Tuesday we did our civic duty and voted for the next Mr. President. After that we went grocery shopping, while trying to stay upright in the wind. Kiley's eyes were fluttering like crazy from the wind! I made tons o' pumpkin muffins that afternoon and baked some chicken and rice. We ate dinner and then the hubby went with the neighbor to work on a machine at a nearby tech college, so Kiley and I went and surprised Mimi and Pops with our company for the evening.
Mmm..Nutella
- Wednesday was Halloween! Daddy came home from work early and we headed to the Harvest festival at church. Kiley ate her first ever hot dog/corn dog, then we walked around and watched the kiddies jumping in the bounce houses and playing games. We participated in the costume contest after that. Our friends Britni and Jerod from Huntsville came and Brit had made the most awesome costumes for their boys and they won 1st and 2nd place. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of Kiley with them. They were from the movie Up. After the festival we took Kiley trick-or-treating at her grandparents'. Her Papa and Mamaw gave her a baby doll and her favorite snacks and her Mimi and Pops gave her a book and animal crackers. She got some good visiting in with them and they got to see our cute little hoot owl. Our first Halloween was a success and a great night full of happy memories!
First corn dog - lol
Needless to say she liked it
Costume contest
If Kiley could talk she'd be saying, "Wooow, Parker's costume is AWE-SOME!"















No comments:
Post a Comment