I know I'm a hormonal pregnant mess to begin with, but I just cried when I put Kiley down for a nap because I miss her (This was Thursday)!
Kiley has been sick since Monday. I haven't done a lick of housework until now....I've spent the last three days doing nothing but holding my sick baby.
Monday morning she woke up and I noticed she had a slight fever. She had her 15-month well-check appointment already scheduled for that afternoon. I was standing holding her in the kitchen and she threw up ALL over both of us and the floor.
When she woke up from her nap that afternoon her temp was only 98.9, but by the time they took it at the doctor it was 102.4. The hubby had had a 24-hour bug, so we figured it was just that, except it wasn't.
I took her back to the doctor Wednesday because her temp was 102.8 when she woke up and she had only thrown up once Monday morning, and none since then. Well, when I got off the phone to schedule the appointment she threw up all over both of us again, and did it again in the car in the doctor's parking lot.
They tested strep and flu, but both came back negative. They also pricked her poor little finger. They figure she has a flu-like virus that's been going around.
Tuesday and Wednesday I had to wake Kiley up at 10:30!!! She had been sleeping 13 1/2 hours, and I'm sure she would have kept right on. At the doctor's office she just sat in my lap, which never happens, and even fell asleep in my lap.
Kiley is a ball full of energy, and if she does snuggle with me when she's well it's only for a minute, or even just 15 seconds, so I actually have enjoyed doing nothing but loving on her all week. I can't remember the last time she fell asleep in my arms while I held her like a baby..She normally just has too much energy to sit still! So I've been soaking in this precious time that she'll let me love on her non-stop. I hate that it's because she is sick though!
The other bad thing was that she wouldn't eat or drink. I tried EVERYTHING! I tried to let her drink water from my cup, from the Gatorade bottle Mimi brought over, got her some Sprite, anything! She would say "No" and push it away before it could get to her mouth. Mimi even brought her orange sherbet over, but she wouldn't have anything to do with it.
Thankfully Thursday she woke up with no fever. She still just wanted to lay around all morning, and I put her in her bed for a nap. She is just very weak right now, and needs to gain her strength back! She didn't touch a single toy till 6:30 p.m.
It's hard on a momma's heart having a sick baby!
Today, Friday, she woke up and is her old self again! She's played outside all day and has only laid down for naps. Yaay! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment