Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mid-Week Randoms

I've been a bad blogger lately! I figured I'd play some catching up and add a few randoms in there!

- We had a great 4th of July weekend, minus all the rain, and minus the fact that all the rain equaled no lake and no fireworks.  Chris' grandmother and uncle's family from Ohio came into town, so we got to spend some good time with them.  We also got to spend a day with Jacob and Sara...Instead of going to the lake we played Pictionary inside while the rain took over.  One of my favorite parts of that weekend was when our little family went to the drive-in and watched Despicable Me 2.  Kiley did SO good! We put the back seat down and laid in the back of the SUV.  She was able to move around all she wanted to, and she didn't make a peep - it was such a nice night! Unfortunately my flash decided to go dead that weekend so I didn't get all the cute pictures I was hoping to get!

We all had dinner at her Papa's on the 4th and he made a whopping 8 slabs of yummy ribs! Kiley was trying out some 3D glasses, and when I asked her to smile she squatted and turned her head :)


Would you look at that? I got her to smile for a picture!!


-  We did finally get to go to the lake, but it was just a Friday night.  I SO want to float in the lake right now with this big ol' belly of mine.  We had planned on having a lake weekend, but the hubby thinks he'll have to work the weekend of my birthday so we made my birthday trip to Ikea early.  We ate at Blue Gill on the lake that night with my parents and went on a night ride.  Kiley went home with them and spent the night because we were leaving for Atlanta at 6 a.m.  That's only the 2nd time she's spent the night without me, the other time being when we were in Vegas.  It's hard! But it was better than waking her up super early just to drive across town.  She had a ball and, get this, swam in the lake! This girl hasn't swam for me all summer, and apparently she cried when they got her out of the water! I look forward to seeing this in person :)

- As for the Ikea trip, we got some storage pieces for our bedroom and I got a storage piece for the living room. I love them! Ikea has great prices, but you get your money's worth by the time it takes to put them together.  Let's just say we fit 3 dressers and 2 night stands in the back of a small SUV.  Somehow we managed to get pretty much everything put together that night, and finished up the next morning.

- We also bought a potty while we were there just because it was so cheap! We let her sit on it in the living room that night with her clothes on, then when I went to give her a bath Sunday morning I sat her on it and said, "Go peepee," and she did!! I scared her with my excitement! She hasn't done it again since then, but I was pretty excited!
Kiley's new potty!
She's saying, "OMG, I just peed in the potty!"

- That Sunday we had maternity pictures! We did them in our home.  Kiley only napped an hour at the lake the day before and we had to wake her up from her nap to take the pictures, so she didn't exactly cooperate.  She either will have a cup, raisins, or Popsicle in her mouth in every shot, but, hey, that's our life :) I can't wait to see them!

- I have just about done all the home-y nesting that I can do during this pregnancy.  I got to thinking, and I have changed something in every room of the house since I've been pregnant.  Something about a baby on the way makes you want your little home to be cozy and pleasing.  We built the desk in the front room, got a new kitchen table, I painted/sealed the grout in the kitchen, caulked the crown in the house and the base boards in the bathrooms, got a new TV stand, painted the mantle and fireplace surround, re-decorated a bit in the living room, painted the hallway, completed the nursery and Kiley's big girl room, and got new storage furniture in our room.  I'd say that'd be enough for a couple pregnancies! Last night the hubs got down all the baby gear from the attic, and I went through that today.  All I have left to do is organize his closet and freeze meals for our family!!! We're just about ready for him!

- I'm going to go visit my brother this weekend for our birthday! I'm pretty excited about that.  He hopefully will have closed on his new home by then...Was supposed to be Monday...Then Wednesday...Now it better be Friday! He will be on a mission trip on our actual birthday, so we will celebrate this weekend! :)  

- I'll end with a picture of Kiley from today.  I'm so glad Mimi and Pops cured her of her water fear! This is her first time to play in the pool this year!
 

No comments: