Monday, September 30, 2013

Week one of Weston

Pictures of Weston at 1 week old!











Well, looky there...here we are at week 2 and I'm just now getting around to week 1. That's what happens with 2 kids under 2. I'm actually on my phone with a sleeping babe in my lap and a toddler laying next to me watching Barney. We are resting after doctors appointments and flu shots. Thankfully Mimi went with us today and whisked the toddler off for ice cream after her shot!

The day after Weston was born we had visitors nonstop all day. It was nice! It started with the photographer from the hospital taking Weston's newborn pictures at the time that my parents and Kiley showed up. This was the first time Kiley got to meet her brother since she wasn't allowed in the nicu the day before. She ran across the room yelling "Baby! Baby!" and kissed and touched him. She is so sweet with him....sometimes too rough, but always sweet. A little while after that Chris' mom showed up during her lunch break. After she left Jacob and Sara showed up to visit. This was the first time most people got to hold Weston since he was in the nicu the day before and I had said only Chris could hold him till I got my hands on him! Our preacher came to visit for a bit, which was really nice of him to travel all that way, then Jacob and Sara stayed and watched a movie. We found out that my uncle Chris was bringing my Memaw, so they stayed till that evening to see her. My uncle was too sweet to bring my grandmother to visit! Before they left Chris' dad and step mom showed showed up to visit, and by the time they left we were off to bed!

Kiley making herself at home on Daddy's cot with her big sister gift, a singing Barney :)
She loves to give those kisses!
Aunt Sara and Uncle Jacob
Memaw!

Mamaw and Papa
 Wednesday we went to our discharge class and waited around until we were able to bring our boy home that afternoon! We both slept the whole way to Manchester, then sat in the parking lot at the drug store for an hour to get my prescriptions! We were so ready to be home! When we finally got home my parents brought Kiley home after a trip to the fair...we were finally home with our little family of 4! Chris' sister and her kids also came to visit the night we got home.













 Friday was Weston's first doctor's appointment. He only lost 2 oz and weighed 9 lb 4 oz. We had to take him to the hospital that day just to get some blood drawn for a jaundice level, and thankfully it wasn't high enough to have to do anything about it....I kept having flashbacks to when they called and said Kiley would be admitted - Praise the Lord that didn't have to happen! My brother Jesse also came in that day from college and got to meet his nephew for the first time :)

Nothin better!

Headed to the doctor
 


That weekend we just got used to having 2 kids, Kiley got used to having a brother, we had visitors, and we enjoyed our precious new family.

My Aunt Kim and cousin Sydney came to see Weston!
 

First bath - He loved it :)
 

Good Daddy picking out clothes for his girl
 

It really has been a joy to have Weston here! I have healed exceptionally faster than I did with Kiley, which has helped a lot. I was back to sleeping in my bed before he was a week old and I'm already able to pick Kiley up with ease...I still try to not too often though just yet. I didn't expect her to be able to sit in my lap the day after we got home, or that we'd be able to have our morning snuggles already without me being in pain - It's helped a lot! 

I'll be back with week 2 pictures soon!

No comments: