Tuesday, February 23, 2010

CHEESY HAM & POTATOES

Last night I made some slow cooker cheesy ham and potatoes! They were delish! I think I have a common thread in all the recipes I post....Comfort food!! I think that's my favorite kind of food - ha! Once again, like the potato soup, something you can cook all day and have ready when you get home from work!

The ingredients:
8 whole potatoes
2 pounds boneless ham
1 whole medium onion
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of celery soup
dash of salt and pepper

I think another common thread in my recipes I post is easy ingredients...not something you have to purchase 20 random things you'll never use again! When I see those kinds of recipes, I normally don't make them unless it's something that I think I'll absolutely love!

You cut the medium-sized potatoes and the boneless ham into bite-size cubes. Slice the onion into thin strips. In a bowl whisk together the soups.

Place half of the potatoes, ham and onion into the crockpot. Season with salt and pepper.Now add half of the soup mixture.Repeat the layers.Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. I did it on high for 4 hours and it worked out wonderfully!
I didn't get a very good picture of the finished product, but it was really tasty! (Hopefully Chris gets his check in this week for his next magazine feature and he'll order his new camera! I'll steal it to take blog pictures like I did w/his old camera!) lol Chris added some shredded cheese on top of his, of course! Of course this made WAY too much for us. I tried to get my parents to come over, but my mom already had meat thawing. I froze the rest and we'll enjoy it again later! Hope someone makes this and enjoys!

No comments: