Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week In Review

- Kiley is eight weeks old!

- Thursday night Jesse and Hannah came to visit! Kiley slept through the night this night too for the second night in a row...Slept till 5 a.m....I got 7 hours of straight sleep!



- Friday Kiley went with me to the store to get her cousin Jalea and her Great Gramma's birthday presents for next weekend! My Gramma will be 81! I also picked Kiley up a couple little toys for Valentine's Day..some classics! Friday night Kiley's Mamaw and Papa came over to visit with her! We rented a movie, and started to watch it after I put her to bed, but we only made it about 30 minutes through it - haha! Kiley slept all night again! She slept till 6 a.m. I think she's an all-night sleeper now! I know that should make me extatic but it's kind of like...wow..She's only 7 weeks old and doesn't need me during the night any more! She's growing way too fast for my heart to handle! :)



- Saturday morning we watched the movie that we had meant to watch the night before, 50/50. I snuggled with Miss Kiley for the whole morning...I love to snuggle her...She's the sweetest thing ever! Chris put a new radio in his daily driver, so that took him most of the morning! He took pictures of a car that afternoon and Kiley and I went to Mimi and Pops' house! If daddy's not home...to Mimi and Pops' we go! lol! We took Kiley on her first walk, but the temperature dropped while we were out, so we hurried back from our short walk!





- Sunday morning Kiley slept till 7:30 - 10 hours straight! If you can't tell, I update this throughout the week since I can't remember what we did by the end of the week - ha! My female hormones had me sad that she was sleeping through the night at first, but I'm quite happy to be getting my nights sleep now! :) Bittersweet milestones...My baby is just growing so fast! She did good in church! She slept through Sunday school... I had to leave the service for the first time with her...not because she was crying..but because she decided to go potty - haha! We went to Mexican for lunch, and Kiley slept the whole time! We rented a movie and all piled in bed and watched it - more snuggle time with my little love! That night we went to our Sunday dinner at my parents'! Mom outdid herself and made pretty much a Thanksgiving meal! Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, lima beans, sweet potato casserole! It was delish!! We spent the rest of the night gazing at Little Miss Kiley! :)



- Monday we had a pretty normal day at home! Kiley slept another ten hour stretch that night! We went to take Peyton to dance but ended up taking her to Mamaw's because she wasn't feeling well...ended up being strep! Poor thing! I read a post not so long ago about kairos time and chronos time..actually saw it linked to lots of places! Monday night I was rocking Kiley during our bed-time routine, and I just love resting my face on her soft, chubby cheeks. I had my cheek on hers, and she was breathing in my ear..and that noise just brought tears to my eyes! I prayed for this child for so long, and now she's here, breathing in my ear with her soft cheek against mine! And right when I thought "KAIROS" she sighed and laid her head on my chest! Sweetest moment of the day! :)







- After five nights of sleeping through the night Little Miss woke up at 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning. I was happy to soothe my baby and put her back to bed, but something was bothering her all day! She wouldn't go down for her morning nap till noon, and she's normally had a three hour nap by then! My normally happy baby was crying all morning! I think she had a tummy ache! She was SO tired, but wouldn't even go to sleep in the Moby wrap! She seemed better after she slept from 12-3! She stayed awake most of the evening untill bed time, except for this brief cat nap she had sitting up on my lap as pictured below - lol! (She loves to hang her head..If you hold it up or move it up she tries to get it back down to where it looks uncomfortable!) She enjoyed her bath that night and then went to bed to sleep through the night again! :)



- Wednesday I wasn't feeling too hot - sore throat - sinus junk! I enjoyed snuggling with my girl that morning listening to the rain! During Kiley's nap I got all my tax info together! Fun stuff! The hubs took his S2000 to Huntsville to drop it off for a paint job, so the babe and I went to, where else, Mimi and Pops'! :) At least when I showed up with this big stack of tax mess for my mom to do our taxes I had a smiling grandbaby too - haha!




She is ALWAYS sucking! Makes her happy...hand, fingers, knuckles, paci, AIR, whatever...lol



No comments: