Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week In Review

Kiley is 32 weeks old!

- Thursday was our last day of VBS. We only had 3 babies this day, including mine, and we ended up leaving 30 minutes early for her to go to bed. On the way home I called my mom and she said she was about to watch Big Brother..I had no idea this was starting, but the hubs and I enjoy watching this show in the summer, so when he got home from VBS we watched the first show :)

- Friday Kiley CRAWLED FOR THE FIRST TIME! I was eating my cereal on the couch and saw that she eyed the laptop cord that was sticking out from underneath the couch (where the laptop was), and she crawled straight to it! Of course I was yelling "Yaaaaay Kiley!!!" and also taking the cord away from her, so I know she had to be super confused - haha! The hubs was sad when I told him because he normally has Fridays off but he is working overtime the rest of the month on Fridays, but she did it for him when he got home :) Friday was just the perfect kind of day. I held Kiley during her first nap..She is normally a happy/loving baby but she was just EXTRA happy/loving this day. We went to Verizon to get Chris' phone fixed that night and she was just talking and screaming away - lol! She just wanted to hug my neck all day, sweet girl :)
"I see you, Mama"

- Saturday morning we headed to Columbia to visit the grandmothers! My Gramma isn't feeling too hot and my Memaw just had foot surgery. We went to Gramma's, let Kiley take a nap while we visited, then went to visit my Memaw at my uncle's house where she's staying. She can't put pressure on her foot for 21 days, so she's staying with my uncle for some assistance. Poor thing has her foot in a cast (an American flag cast). The way she described it is that they had to break her toes and they put a plate in the bottom of her foot. All I know is it sounds very painful, and I sure don't want my Memaw in pain! Her arthritis had gotten so bad that it was hard to walk, so surgery it was. We visited with her for a while and she got to love on Kiley, and Kiley loved on her..She loves her Memaw! OH, before we went there my brother and dad had came into town (They just came for the afternoon) and my dad gave me my birthday present from my Memaw. I about cried, y'all! She gave me a chair that I have always admired in her home that she bought when she was pregnant with my dad 50 years ago (Yes, my dad is about to be 50 - WOW - lol) She also gave me some money to reupholster it. She's the sweetest thing ever. After we visited with her we ran by my little cousin's 8th birthday party to give her her present when a monsoon showed up. After that I went to Hobby Lobby and got some awesome fabric to recover the chair in. That night we had pizza at Gramma's and visited with my lovely g-ma. We had a great time and she loved seeing "her baby".
Gramma greeting Miss Kiley
Kiley crawled under the table :) She was showing them her new skill
The chair from my sweet Memaw
Isn't it beautiful?
Kiley LOVES her Memaw

- Sunday we stayed at my Gramma's till about lunchtime, then we came home and I reupholstered the chair. Y'all, this thing was so old (She bought it 50 years ago, and it was antique then, so she thinks it's around 100 years old) that the stuffing had HAY IN IT! Yes, hay! Chris thought I should change the stuffing, but I left it because I think it's neat-o. It turned out SO beautiful.
Kiley and Sweet Gramma
Ta-Da!

- Monday
We're in the mess-making business over here now :) Notice she turned her play mat upside down - lol!
Eating some banana

- Tuesday Kiley and I made our first mini-trip together. My mom works at a children's dentist office in Murfreesboro every Tuesday, Wild About Smiles...she does their bookkeeping. We first went and looked at a furniture store, went to Hobby Lobby (I'm re-doing the living room for my birthday..and I needed some baskets), then we went to Mimi's Tuesday-workplace so she could show Miss Kiley off. I was surprised at how nice her office was there, with a couch and everything...and she only works there one day a week :) We then went and had a nice lunch together at McAlister's - yum! Kiley did SO well. I was nervous to take her to Murfreesboro by my lonesome, but it was fantastic. I was sure to pick up some snacks before we went, which she tried for the first time at VBS. We got peach yogurt puffs and sweet potato puffs and she loved them. The only time she started to cry, when we were leaving the furniture store (it was lunchtime), I popped a couple peach yogurt snacks in her mouth and she was good to go :) She slept most of the way home, and woke up in Tullahoma to sing the rest of the way home, sweet girl :) That night I had someone come and buy my shelves off Craigslist, finally. They're ladder shelves, just resting on the wall, and they scare me with a crawling baby! So glad they're gone. Also, before we left Tuesday Kiley fed herself a snack for the first time. Her eye-hand coordination is getting pretty good!
Sesame Street had caught her eye :)
Someone ventured into the kitchen for the first time
She also tried to get in Bailey's bed with her, which I nixed that idea right quick! Notice how scared Bailey looks - lol

- Wednesday I had a dentist appointment, so I dropped Kiley off at Mimi and Pops' house and they watched her for the short time it took. Thankfully, the hubs and I had no cavities this time - lol :) Chris came over after work and they fed us a yummy steak dinner. We had a nice night!
Love that little heart booty

No comments: